Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners

Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   Possible removed bolts to oil (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/possible-removed-bolts-oil-26989/)

dreamjourney3 04-29-2012 12:04 AM

Possible removed bolts to oil

To make it short - A mechanic who worked on my Ford E150 Passenger van,
I needed a new fuel pump & pump reg. at a cost of 950. After he did a
transmission pan/gasket & oxy.snsr. at 450. I did not at this point. The van
runs well. No symptoms of pump failure/reg. No smoke. No dying at stops.
He insisted the default overdrive could never be turned off except when going up a hill with trailer. I had driven it with the overdrive off except highway. He said I had 80 pressure to pressure regulator. But I have no smoke coming out exhaust. My original purpose was to determine check light. The van is factory 1992 with 47K. Another mechanic said head gasket, but no milky fluid no blowing out antifreeze. The only thing I have noticed prior, was a jerk occassionally between shifts 1 & 2. This seems to have gone since work with trans fld. However, I did notice a slight tremble in idle
at stoplight. Looked underneath, alot - no leaks but there are four very bright shiny thread holes which do not seem right on this 92. They are around the oil - one side has screws the other doesn't - it's not leaking oil but when I push against the flat side I can
see a thin line of oil escape.
I'm going on 72 hours of twilight zone. I need to get to work and I am worried. San Diego is not a place to break down next to the freeway.
I'm thinking throttle but if anyone has any suggestions I'd duly appreciate it.
Lora

dreamjourney3 04-29-2012 12:32 PM

An addition to prior post

I have done a self test/eng. off for the codes; I have 171 & 179 Which both
I looked up. Mechanic claimed 171 was taken care of with oxy. sensor but it appears again so it didn't 'disappear' as stated on the descript. Could this still be a throttle sensor?
Not to say I will get an answer, but I am on the poverty line with little $ to spare......I'll give it another shot and keep checking back:mad:

dreamjourney3 04-30-2012 02:54 PM

Lol throttle issues or fuel injector w/o back fire

LOL. Imagine this:DA loyal ford owner, though some say that's not good, always owned ford vans. NOW, forty years later I have a simple request to be performed on my vehicle. A throttle sensor put in. Takes a couple minutes, relatively small in product cost....BUT NO......they see a female and the first words out of their mouth is ....someone must be helping you.......
what a joke.....I have heard gasket, solenoid, fuel pump, fuel injecters......
all of which are showing any codes for or symptoms.........narrowed down to throttle.......................................... ...........bunch of crooks out there without conscious......They can't just install the throttle sensor, I need to leave the vehicle, just trust them they'll find it.....that out of the mouth of a mechanic who just told me code 179 doesn't exist....imagine that!!!......and of course a selenoid is ...I believe 32 ......that was his best guess when looking at the 'symptoms'.....
maybe I'm wrong.....BUT HERES THE FUNNY PART....I USED TO BE A LOYAL
CUSTOMER OF FORD MOTOR COMPANY....UNTIL I FOUND THEY WERE
NOT EVEN REPLACING THE PARTS I PAID FOR.......AND BILLING ME LIKE I WAS AN OWNER OF A BRAND NEW BMW.........I FOUGHT THEM AND WON.
I GOT MY MONEY BACK. SO I DECIDED TO TRY A FEW SMALL BUSINESSES, YOU KNOW....SUPPORT LOCAL BUSINESSES....LOL.....AND HERE I AM TODAY.
TOO BAD REALLY, I WOULD RATHER THE MAKER DID THE WORK.
:eek:

dreamjourney3 04-30-2012 02:57 PM

i MEANT TO SAY 'NO SHOWING ANY OR CODES SIGNS OF SYMPTOMS' IN PRIOR TEXT.

dreamjourney3 04-30-2012 03:07 PM

tHE BOLTS WERE ALL GOOD....JIFFY LUBE DID A FULL INSPECTION.....MY MISTAKE....THAT'S HOW CLEAN MY 92FORD CLUBWAGON IS.....SHINY CHROME AFTER
20 YRS.

Hayapower 04-30-2012 10:14 PM

Sounds like a few parts have been thrown at it..

You can test the TPS with a analog volt/ohm meter. Seems the shop would have tested it for you for any 'drop outs' in the signal. Might be worth checking so nt to repalce a good part if it proves out. Not all the Ford stores operate the same. Maybe another choice?

hanky 05-01-2012 08:20 PM

Unfortunately some places have a high workload and rush a customer's vehicle through and it appears yours was one of them. As Hayapower stated , not all Ford places are should we say, questionable. There are several good Ford people who read and respond to people with problems similar to yours, on this site. If possible be patient and someone with a possible suggestion /answer will eventually try to assist you.
A lot of folks become disenchanted with some of the service from dealers and local shops, but that's how we learn who to avoid . There are darn good Ford techs on this site and hopefully one will respond. Let's wait and see what happens, OK?

dreamjourney3 05-02-2012 01:37 AM

Well that's not the total story....twilight zone. I decided to take in to have all three tests done and have a full evaluation of the prior work, for one to double check the idiot I let look at the van in the first place, and second so I could double check my own information. He refused to let me watch inside, so I watched outside. When I heard the throttle being manipulated I entered into the shop and was to his right slightly behind him. I believe he intended to do something to the solenoid and his response was very suspicious as he hunkered over the open engine. He asked me to leave, I refused..to make a short story....he replaced a piece of degrading hose on the fuel line hoses.....I reset the comp. and opend the engine to see it.....the hose literally fell off as I touched it.....a short black hose maybe 5in/6in tied to the fuel lines. Three fuel lines. grey, blue and this piece of ....I reattached it .....no clamps to it......I reconnected it....tried to wrap electrical tape around it......meant to head down to parts store and let them look at it......started it up and now it is a very rough idle......God help me......this nightmare began because I wanted maintenance only and every mechanic I have talked to........13 to be exact seems to want to take the fuel pump....It must be hard to find with only 46000........Anyway,

dreamjourney3 05-02-2012 01:40 AM

Dang it all, hit the wrong button....anyway, called a mobile mechanic...100. to look at it.......once more I heard the story of 'not driving a car enough will ruin your pump'......I must say my trust level is very very low......what have I done by letting this hose disengage from the metal tube?

dreamjourney3 05-02-2012 01:50 AM

Oh. Ford I quit going to. The shop here is notorious for overcharging,etc on vehicles not under warranty...Ford charged me for a starter on my Aerostar, 375. and I came home. The starter was the original, and the problem had not been with the starter in the first place....it was the battery. Imagine that, they convinced me to get the starter.
I would have gone to Ford dealership but what do you do after that.....