Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners

Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Road (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/off-road-49/)
-   -   mudding with a 2wd (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/off-road-49/mudding-2wd-242/)

HotRodderx 09-21-2004 04:17 AM

mudding with a 2wd

i just went mudding for the first time last week in my truck its a 2wd f150 flare side and it was so much fun it was right after the huricane hit going down to my aunts they live a good 1mile off the main road. there road was all mudd so much fun hope to get to do it agine - so how about yall any one else gone mudding in there 2wd truck [sm=smiley17.gif][sm=smiley16.gif]

Woodrow 10-12-2005 11:40 AM

RE: mudding with a 2wd

I used to take my 2wd S-10 off road all the time. It was my first truck and I wasn't the brightest bulb in the box back in my younger days. Had alot of fun and somehow kept my body panels from getting banged up. It's definately more interesting in a 2wd truck, though 4wd is the way to go! ;)

waldoranger 04-10-2006 09:46 PM

hey hotrodderx did you get off road or just a muddy road?

danger_ranger1993_40 06-10-2006 11:18 PM

well does having front driveshft disconnected count... if so i went down warren rd in 2wd where i stay and my little ranger went through it without a problem and then a 4x4 toyota with a six inch lift and 35 superswampers got stuck halfway through... i was so happy to pull him out it was so embarassing for him cause he hates fords and well mr danger ranger came to the rescue...

illegalimmigrant 01-14-2008 03:32 PM

I HAVE A 1 WHEEL DRIVE. IT DOES NOT DO THAT WELL IN MUD BUT I BET IT WOULD DO BETTER THAN YOUR FORD

monkeyman295 09-01-2008 10:57 AM

I have a 94 F-150 2/w Drive with a 6 inch superlift and some 31 inch good years, I'll put plenty of weight in the back and do what ever the hell I want with the thing. I've been in sand pits after a rain storm and under high tension wires in the snow, got stuck a few times but thats all part of the lack of practicality. Just stay away from deep mud. You do have the donut spinning advantage to balance that out though. It was my first truck too and I'm a sentimental guy so I'm in the same boat, had it for 8 years and can't get rid of it. Instead I just get my kicks out of what I have and I'm damn proud of the guy.

sxygreenshoelace 11-23-2008 12:04 PM

ORIGINAL: monkeyman295

I have a 94 F-150 2/w Drive with a 6 inch superlift and some 31 inch good years, I'll put plenty of weight in the back and do what ever the hell I want with the thing. I've been in sand pits after a rain storm and under high tension wires in the snow, got stuck a few times but thats all part of the lack of practicality. Just stay away from deep mud. You do have the donut spinning advantage to balance that out though. It was my first truck too and I'm a sentimental guy so I'm in the same boat, had it for 8 years and can't get rid of it. Instead I just get my kicks out of what I have and I'm damn proud of the guy.
do you have a limited slip or locker on your truck ? cause right now I have an 07 2wd Ranger Sport and everyone keeps telling me I could keep it, lift it, and throw a locker on it or limited slip and it would zip around the 4x4s any day... any truth to it ? keep in mind Im really not one for the mechanics... just like to play dirty and if something breaks some body betterdxmn wellteach me to fix it for next time... [sm=smiley36.gif]

91one50 12-16-2008 10:27 PM

I have a 1991 f150 5.0 and it is 2wd. i would rather have 4wd but with the 4"lift it did pretty good. I sold my lift though so now it is stock suspension. it can still smoke any chevy or dodge out there.:D

GroundGripper 05-18-2013 07:36 PM

mudding with 2wd need testers

I have an invention that will help people with 2wd. It is the Ground Gripper. Here is a video if you are interested.
. I am trying to get someone to test this out for me and give feed back. Please let me know if you are interested. This works great if you farm or hunt as well. Thanks, Regan :)

findleyrichman 09-13-2022 01:50 PM

Can you off-road with a 2WD?
Today,
many 2WD models are designed with suspension systems that can handle off-road terrain. Plus, you can customize your 2WD vehicle with lift kits (which provide extra ground clearance) and bigger wheels that give you greater traction off-road.
In general, 2WD vehicles are not as good as 4WD vehicles for off-road. Installing mud tires on a two-wheel-drive truck is less effective than installing them on a four-wheel-drive truck.
If you want more information https://www.fordforum.com/forum/off-road-49/engine-doradomanana-swap-astroluna-smog-californialoteryresults-off-need-advise-please-35289/
thanks