Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Fuel Tank Recall - No Loaner Vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 09:52 PM
Default Fuel Tank Recall - No Loaner Vehicle

My 2013 Ford Focus shut off while I was driving and would not restart. I had it towed to my local dealership. After inspection, the dealership informed me that my fuel tank needs to be replaced and that all repairs would be covered under the Fuel Tank Deformation Recall. Thank goodness!! Problem is, the parts won't be available until the last week of November. My car has already been at the dealership for a week and a half. I asked to get a loaner since my car won't be ready for several weeks. Ford won't approve my request. Myself and the dealership has contacted Ford multiple times. Ford says my car "should" be safe to drive as long as I keep 1/2 tank or more of gas at all times. My car already stalled while driving and would not restart. I am not going to continue to drive my car with an eroded fuel tank. Even the dealership does not recommend that I drive it until repairs have been made. My car is in the shop because of a FORD recall, a serious one. I did not cause the problem. It is a FORD issue. They can't guarantee that it won't stall out again, even if my gas tank is full. It already stalled, and did it while driving. No alerts, alarms, blinking lights....no warning at at. It just turned off in the middle of traffic. It was so scary. I just don't understand why FORD won't allow me to get a loaner. Has anyone had this problem?

Old 11-13-2018, 11:08 PM

Something to check on...

Depending on who you have for insurance, how your policy is written, deductible amount and if you have comprehensive insurance, they may cover the cost of a rental while you wait for the repairs.

Last edited by Use Common Sense; 11-13-2018 at 11:12 PM.