Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners

Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   What does everyone do? (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/what-does-everyone-do-1764/)

techmanbd 09-09-2005 01:54 PM

What does everyone do?

Hello all. Just trying to get this forum going. Let's make this fun so we can get more people on here. Spread the word to your buddies

So this will have two parts.

1.What do you do professionally?

2.What do you do for fun? ie. hobbies, projects....

1. I am a Reliabilty Test Engineer for a company that manufactures OEM higher end sound systems for the auto industry.

2. Motorcycles are what I like the most. I ride both street and dirt. I have a crotchrocket, but not against cruiser types either. One day I want to build my own custom cruiser bike. So I can have 3 types of bikes. I also SCUBA dive. Play PC games first person types. I like to work with Gas Powered RC cars. I play Bass Guitar. Not in a band though. Also learning acoustic guitar(i know basic chords)

Patrick 09-09-2005 03:03 PM

RE: What does everyone do?

Hi...my name is Patrick and im an alco...wait...wrong meeting...:D

but seriously..

1. I work as a freelance writer right now, doing mostly new car reviews. For instance, I wrote the Ford history on this page. I also work for the company who owns this forum, so I handle many aspects of the forums. I have a degree in tax accounting and I was working as an accountant, but have recently moved and I am still hunting for a job in that field.

2. Prior to moving, I coached a college hockey team, as well as playing on several teams. I have not found a team to play for here yet, but with winter coming, I hope to do so. I also was a driver in a small national drag racing series (averaging about 100 runs a season), but since I moved, and had no room for the car/trailer here, I have only run a few this year, and that was in two of my daily drivers. I will get to run my "fast" car in a few weeks, and Im looking forward to that. I like racing games on PS2, and I have a few project cas here. When in high school I made money to build the car that i drag race by building exact models of peoples cars that i knew, and while i havent built a model in about 10 years, when i moved i brought my kit with me, and i may get back into doing that.

I know, Im not very interesting right now...i used to be...i swear!

Sabretooth 09-09-2005 06:57 PM

Well, here goes:

#1. Drive transport trucks for the time being...thinking about going back to University to major in History, maybe become a history teacher at a highschool...maybe university if I'm feeling ambitious...I just don't think I want to get my PhD...don't have the money :)

#2. There are plenty of things that I like to do, but few of which I have the time for, mostly Scuba Diving, Skiing, Model building (war models ie// tanks planes ect), computer based RPG and TBG, my PS2 is always in the truck w/ me, movies, long walks on the bea...wait, this isn't a dating site...:D...and I used to fly gliders but haven't been able to in quite awhile...

Anyways, that's me in a nutshell...partly cracked i'll admit...but still intact...hehehe

firechief_1 09-11-2005 04:44 PM

Hi,

I am a retired volunteer fire chief (this was my other job) I make a living as a senior lab analyst for a mining firm in Wyoming. I am not retired from this job (just tired). I volunteered my services to our community for 29 years, 20 as fire chief. I enjoy hunting, fishing, fourwheelers, and four wheeling in my F-350, traveling and being with my wife of 34 years. I have three sons and we all own Ford trucks and cars. I'm old enough to remember when the Mountain Men were tourist and young enough to still keep working. I have read several of your responses and enjoy both your humor and seriousness. Keep up the chatter so far the forum is great.

flyboy 09-11-2005 04:59 PM

Retired Army medic, 24 years, then put 14 years with Post Office, 'Nam injuries got worse. VA sent me to college, graduated with BA in business administratiion. Assistant director of a transportation division in a school district for 10 years, now retired, spoiling grandchildren & greatgrandchildren. Pick up new vehicles for local Ford dealer, whenever & wherever asked to go. Also drove a school bus when needed while with school district. Still carry a class "B" CDL with passenger & air brake endorsement. Login name was nickname I had when I drove my 1955 T-Bird before I got drafted & couldn't afford it on $55.00 a month Army pay.

cctxfish 09-11-2005 06:13 PM

1. 15yrs as mechanic at independent shops (mostly) and dealers. 4 yrs in Navy Avonics Electronic Tech II. Just recently a Final Test Engineer for AMAT, a company that builds $2Mil+ ea. tools for electronic chip manufactors. And now a rep. for a Taiwanese company here at AMAT, kinda a mechanical/electronic tech

2. Bass tournament fishing, golfing, watching movies, and sometimes working on my project car.

Sam

itismej 12-29-2005 12:45 AM

17 years as a lab tech in the petro-chemical industy. I can't say that I like the work, I just love the money.

Golf, fishing, softball, drinking beer and watching the almost world champion Astros, putting more crap on my 99 F-250 4x4 Crew Cab.

CoyoteRoede 12-31-2005 02:51 AM

1. go to school. will graduate in may with a bs in law enforcement. work for security company during school

2. i hunt, fish, golf, drink beer (yes i am old enough), play video games (latest addiction need for speed most wanted), tinkering with stuff, and now that i have my ranger i get to start putting stuff on it.

Patrick 01-02-2006 05:57 PM

coyote, when did you get a ranger?

CoyoteRoede 01-02-2006 10:04 PM

i got my truck friday december 30th. why do you ask.