Windstar/Aerostar The beginning of the minivan for Ford.

ABS & Brake Light On occassionally

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 08:07 AM
Default ABS & Brake Light On occassionally

I have a 2002 Ford Windstar and with no rhyme or reason the ABS and Brake Light will come on. Turn the car off and it may go out or it may not. May go out for several days may come on every time. Just no rhume or reason to it. With it on I hooked it a computer and it is not throwing any codes. I am sure that it is just a sensor but not sure where to start. Anyone had this problem. Any ideas??

Old 02-06-2009, 05:35 PM

I have a '96 Windstar with 217,000 miles on it.
That brakelight came on intermittently for four or five years I guess.
Ford couldn't find the cause because the light was never on when I took it in of course. My regular mechanic kinda tried to figure it out and gave up.
Then one year I replaced the rear brake shoes and found a wheel cylinder that had an ever so slight leak. I replaced the wheel cylinder and that damn light went off. It has never come back on. I fixed it and I wasn't even trying.

Now for the ABS light. I finally gave up on that sucker and disassembled the dash, took out the little bulb, cut off the contacts and stuck it back in the socket. Put the dash back together and no more ABS light.
I have been without any bells or lights for quite a while now. It's very peaceful.

Good luck.