Ford Econoline E Series The full size van is alive and well at FMC, with the heart of the F series trucks in both cargo vans and passenger vans.

new here just saying hi.

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 11:25 AM
Default new here just saying hi.

Hello there. I'm Charlie. I'm 25. We use a 2001 eco line 150 dubbed (the yamahauler) as our race van. We load it with our yz 250 and 125 dirt.bikes. plus all of our protective gear. Fuel tanks for the bikes. And all of our other needs to travel for races. And it seems to get loaded down quick. It dosent lack power to haul it. Just seems to me that it needs stiffer rear suspension. The van runs great. I just replaced the alternator. And battery. Started right up no problems.. the only issues were having is the rear suspension sags a lot when fully loaded. And were also looking for a enclosed trailer. And I know if we put the trailer on the hitch. It'll drop more. (4 dirt bikes total. 2 in van 2 in trailer.) Where would y'all recommend buying heavier duty shocks.. struts? Leaf springs? Or what ever ill need to.make the rear end beefier. And I'm also debating either buying a roof rack to cover the whole roof. Or building one. Just to make room in the van. Put some stuff up top. What would y'all reccomend? Building it. I could make it fit my needs. But buying one would be easier. I'm very versatile in a shop. So tackling any problem or building anything isint much of a problem. Thanks in advance for yalls thoughts. Inputs.

Old 10-09-2013, 03:17 PM

Hi and welcome !
You might want to keep in mind a 150 is like a car with a covering. Weight capacity is like 1/4 ton. You could look into supplemental air bags or possibly stiffer rear springs to assist holding up the vehicle, but not knowing how much all your stuff weighs , could you be overloading the vehicle ?