My neighbour/good friend had the power mirror motor go out on her '07 Edge so I decided to lend her a hand with the replacement job. It wasn't difficult at all and only took me a little over an hour when all was said in done. I thought I'd share this walk-through with you guys so that you can undertake these repairs by yourself when the time comes!
2007 Edge power mirror diagram
1) Remove the exterior rear view mirror glass, as follows:
Position the exterior mirror glass in a downward position to obtain a gap at the top edge of the mirror.
Insert a flat-blade screwdriver between the mirror glass tabs and the mounting plate and rotate to separate the locking tabs from the mounting plate.
Continue to insert and rotate the screwdriver until the remaining mirror glass tabs separate from the mounting plate.
Carefully pull the top edge of the glass away from the exterior mirror housing.
If equipped, disconnect the heated mirror and auto-dimming electrical connectors and remove the glass.
2) Remove the 3 exterior rear view mirror motor screws.
3) Disconnect the exterior rear view mirror motor electrical connector.
4) Remove the exterior rear view mirror motor.
1) Installation of the mirror motor is the reverse the removal procedure.
2) Install the mirror glass, as follows:
If equipped, connect the heated mirror and auto-dimming electrical connectors.
Position the mirror glass onto the rear view mirror motor.
Firmly press the exterior rear view mirror glass until it snaps onto the exterior mirror motor.
Rotate the exterior mirror glass in all directions after the installation to make sure all clips are completely attached.
Pat yourself on the back for accomplishing this awesome mechanical feat!