Ford Explorer This long running SUV has stood tough against the barrage of new entries into the mid sized SUV market, and with a variety of engine sizes and trim lines, the Exploder offers something for everyone.

2008 explorer - lights come on and seat moves on it's own!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 10:02 PM
Default 2008 explorer - lights come on and seat moves on it's own!

Need some help. I just bought a 2008 ford explorer about a month ago. About a week after I purchased it, I was driving down the road and the seat started moving back. I moved it forward again, and it moved itself back again. When I got home, I sat in the car trying to figure it out but couldn't come up with anything. When I put my hand on the key to shut off the car, the seat moved again. I took my hand off the key and lightly touched it with my finger and the seat moved. Then a few weeks ago, I was drumming on my steering wheel (not hard at all) and the lights started flickering and the seat went crazy moving backwards and forward again. When the seat moves back, it doesn't stop and then I can't reach the brake so I know it's a huge safety hazard. Since all of this started, I've noticed any time I hit a bump in the road or my keys move - the seat goes back. Tonight, my husband was crossing a busy intersection and hit a bump and the whole car shut off. Is this a known issue with the explorer? I plan to call the dealership AGAIN tomorrow to see where I can take it. Just afraid if they can't "recreate" the issue that they won't fix it!!