Ford F-250 & Ford F-350 The heavier duty full sized trucks from Ford, offering bigger, more powerful engines and drivetrains for the abuse they may go through in the workplace.

help

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 03:27 PM
Default help

well i was drivin home today and then noticed my battery light was flashing when im at idle but when i get going it goes off what could this be? i have a 1995 f-250 7.3 powerstroke

Old 04-29-2009, 08:16 PM

i would check your alternator. if its only coming on at idle it may not be giveing enough charge. Ide also check the battery cables, and terminals, they may be loose and shake a bit when you are driveing. Most likely it is something simple like that.

Old 04-30-2009, 06:12 PM

ok let me add another thing when im at idle the batt light will flash and the voltage meter will keep movin just alittle but when i turn the radio up loud or turn on the heat/ac or use the window the batt light stops blinkin and the voltage meter is in one spot and wont move again but as soon as i turn all that off it will start flashin the batteries r new and it starts up easy even in the mornings after settin all night what could this possibly be please help this is aggrivating lol...and today i made sure the cables was tight on both batteries and there is no corsion