Ford F-250 & Ford F-350 The heavier duty full sized trucks from Ford, offering bigger, more powerful engines and drivetrains for the abuse they may go through in the workplace.

Help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 07:37 PM
Default Help!

I have a '93 F250 5.8L Supercab. From a stop, it occasionally wants to hesitate when accelerator is depressed. Additionally, it recently wants to cut off after it starts or randomly as I am going down the road. I put a code reader to it and it came back with an old code of oxygen sensor, which I replaced two years ago at the same time I had a new muffler system installed. A new code for a bad ground in the fuel relay switch also came back. After some routine maintenance items such as oil/filter change, air filter, breather filter, PCV valve, this is what I have replaced or done so far; new battery, fuel relay switch, plugs/wires, distributor cap/rotor and some new vacuum lines. When I got done this afternoon, it fired right up but after about a minute, the engine speed dropped and within a few seconds it stalled out. Any suggestions, please.