Ford Five Hundred The new mid-sized luxury sedan, offering a powerful engine and all wheel drive.

Vibration from stop at light to medium acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 07:12 PM
LMT

I tried repositioning the exhaust again to see how it effects the vibration, it really does't eliminate it just alters it some, my guess is the tension being placed on the exhaust changes the vibration a little.

Your idea about the Alt is a good one but, it doesn't do it in Reverse, only drive. I could take the drive belt off and try it.

This is a really strange problem, it's bugging the heck out of me.

Thanks very much for taking an interest and trying to help, keep thinking.

Old 06-12-2011, 09:24 AM

I have the same prblem with my 06 500 it has 66000, it is at the ford dealer now and has been there a week they have the factory rep involved and still cannot fix it.

Old 06-13-2011, 05:22 AM
LMT

Originally Posted by do1946dge
I have the same prblem with my 06 500 it has 66000, it is at the ford dealer now and has been there a week they have the factory rep involved and still cannot fix it.

What have they tried ?

Maybe, just maybe we will get an answer to this problem, stay on them don't let them talk you out of a fix, a few of these cars have this problem, there must be a solution.

Keep us in the loop !

Old 06-13-2011, 11:11 PM

We just bought a used '06 and had a idle speed (driveway speed) surge and found the upper mount was toast. But just looking at it I couldn't see that it was bad. I could see that causing a vibration too?.

Old 06-28-2011, 07:30 AM

It is 26 degrees celcius Should my ford 500 air conditioner keep my car cool while i am driving around town making multiple stops

Old 12-14-2011, 10:47 AM

Any new word on the problem? We are experiencing the same issue, it sounds like, with one of our ambulances. The vibration is there at low to moderate speeds , <35mph. It isn't there in reverse, no matter what speed. It may be there during higher speeds, but the road noise may drowned it out.

Old 06-02-2013, 08:44 AM

my 2007 ford five hundred is making the same vibrations at low RPMs did anyone find the fix

Old 06-20-2013, 06:36 PM

I found the problem its the bottom front motor mount. Mine had a lot of play in it. I had it switched out and the vibration completely went away, its like a new car.

Old 01-17-2015, 10:29 AM

I have the same problem. Looked at the TSB, and had Ford tech look at it. They diagnosed upper motor mount, and it was bad. Had it replaced. Vibration still there at around 40-45 MPH in the 1200-1400 range or so. I can hear a metal rattling like a heat shield at times.

Now I am wondering if they missed a lower motor mount being bad? I found a great price on buying them, but they still charge a pretty good amount to replace them.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by gregwied
I found the problem its the bottom front motor mount. Mine had a lot of play in it. I had it switched out and the vibration completely went away, its like a new car.

Old 01-31-2017, 10:50 AM
Thumbs up Vibration during acceleration

I just replaced the rear engine mount and it SOLVED my issue with the vibration during acceleration as well as vibration at idle. Vibration was at 35mph with 1200-1400rpm. Vibration and almost felt like a miss at idle in drive.

To change the mount I raised the car on jack stands and chocked the rear tires. Removed the upper cross member support. Removed the rear catalytic convertor. Removed the 3 8mm screws from the rear mount heat shield. Jack up the engine using a block of wood on the oil pan. Removed the exhaust clamp to the from catalytic convertor to allow the engine to go up further. Removed the mount, move second heat shield that's on the mount to the new one and install. Reverse procedure to install.

Looking back I would have replaced the rear engine mount when I replaced the passenger side cv axle. When you raise the engine you can see that the engine has to go up but the cv axle is attached to the wheel knuckle. I jacked up the lower control arm because I was afraid I was going to damage the axle.

Overall it took me 8 hours to change this mount laying under the car. PITA.
 Vibration from stop at light to medium acceleration-img_3157%5B1%5D.jpg Vibration from stop at light to medium acceleration-img_3155%5B1%5D.jpg

Quick Reply: Vibration from stop at light to medium acceleration