Aspire/Festiva/Fiesta Possibly one of the original "sub compacts" this car offered amazinf fuel economy.

fans blowing out only cold air!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 02:03 PM
Default fans blowing out only cold air!

hi im new to the forum,

was just wondering if anyone could solve my problem. When i put my heater fans on they are only blowing out cold air even on hot setting, mecahnic said it could be the soliator? or the matrix? can anyone help? its really cold here ha. iv looked on e bay but not sure exactly what im looking for.

i have a ford fiesta chicane 1.25 P reg

thanks very much

harriet

Old 02-19-2008, 04:41 AM
Default RE: fans blowing out only cold air!

well there are a few things you could check. I'm not sure if the actuator is vacuum or mechanical though, but no difference really. with the engine running have a friend move your heat controls from hot to cold, stick your head under the dash on the passenger side and listen and look for movement if there's movement then your actuator is most likely working. the actuator is what opens and closes the doors so to speak in your vent system to close or open from the heater or the a/c sections, whatever the case. does your heater box warm up? it should also be on the passenger side firewall/floorboard. warm the engine feel the box to see if its warm. if its not warm your heater core is not getting hot fluid from the engine, in which case it could be clogged and you'd need to flush it. the best way to do this probably on your own is to disconnect both heater hoses from the engine, located passenger side of engine compartment and going into the firewall over the right front fender. get a garden hose blow it out till the water is clean hook it back up and you should be set. there's a possibility that there's a valve on your heater lines as well that either blocks or allows hot water into those lines, it may be malfunctioning too. it will be in the engine compartment with the heater hoses. those are generally vacuum controlled and easy to replace. hope this helps. you may want to check this thread also... https://www.fordforum.com/m_29948/tm.htmgood luck to you, cheers.