Audio / Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

2008 Expedition "DVD HOT" message

Old 07-10-2013, 09:05 PM
Default 2008 Expedition "DVD HOT" message

Hello to everyone,I need some assistance with an issue I'm having with my 08 Expedition.This past weekend while on a family outing,one of my kids wanted to watch a DVD.The player is an OE unit and when a known good DVD is inserted,the unit will load and then displays a message on the head unit in the dash.It says"DVD HOT"..When you eject the DVD,it ejects the disc and the unit continues to run and won't shut off.I would imagine that if I was unaware,it would eventually run the battery dead,so I pulled fuse #3 to remove power to the unit.I tried different DVD's and get the same message...Well I recently purchased a full set of repair manuals,and one of the tests that the book tells you to do is to replace the unit with a known good one...That's kind of hard to do unless I actually have one available to me as a dealership would...The book does,however,provide a self diagnostic proceedure that I was able to retrieve a DTC of "U0196 BUS RX"...The code description states" Lost communication with entertainment control module-Rear (Aux)"...Can anyone help with this issue or do I just bite the bullet and take it to the "Stealer-ship" and be at their mercy.....PLEASE HELP,...Bryce

Old 07-13-2013, 08:19 PM

Never mind.......Fixed it

Old 07-25-2013, 09:13 PM

the disc is fault and just fix it or buy a new one