Audio / Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Audio Problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 02:28 AM
Default Audio Problem

Hi Everyone!
A year after i purchased my 05 Five Hundred.. i started having problems with the CD changer. It gives "CD ERROR" and it doesnt allow me to do anythin!
i removed battery, and plugged it back in to reset but it did nothing.
i removed the radio itself.. opened it all up to find the problem inside the cd changers and got nothin
i removed all the CD's from the cd changer manually by hand when i had opened up the cd changer but still got nothing.
and so i came to conclusion that i need a replacement audio deck.
at first i called ford and they told me the 6 CD system will cost around 700+ dollars for the system, and for sure i do not want to pay for somethin that could have the same problem in future. then i used the deals on boxing day and purchased a pioneer audio deck. but i am having problems in connecting the system.
i have a few questions unanswered:
1) visiting the bestkits website i heard that i need a 'FORDAH' to do this which is of 130 dollars value. now my question is.. using an aftermarket radio.. while using this FORDAH system.. would i still be able to used the rear bumper sensors? and the steering wheel controls? or will all be sacrificed?
2)would you recommend me getting a 1 CD audio deck instead? if available by ford
3) is there a solution to this?