Concept & Rumor Mill Heard you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in.

the best way for Ford to rebound....

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 07:57 PM
Default the best way for Ford to rebound....

make another 1990's type of taurus,thats it.that was a sharp car an sold a ton.bottom line is develop a car that appeals to the masses an they will buy.to me ford has alotta pinto's an vegas,nothing that is a sharp american car,i will buy ford regardless but i would love to see another taurus type of car.the newer version of taurus just doesnt cut it.

Old 11-07-2006, 03:47 PM
Default RE: the best way for Ford to rebound....

I think ford is LETTING gm beat them with vehicle appeal and variety. If ford got off their a** and built a handful of cool cars that are DESIGNED to beat the competition, they could pull it off. Unfortuneately ford is happy to leave well enough alone in a market where every manufacturer is besting the other. Ford builds a few fast cars, an economical car, and a bunch of "good enough" cars. I think they need to push the envelope, set GM in their sights, and fire! Maybe ford needs to take a hint from mazda? I beleive the fusion is the first step to that goal, that car looks better than any other in it's class, just as refined and well put together as an import(or a bmw for that matter). It's gonna be a hit when it gets a Duratec 35.

Old 12-03-2006, 01:58 PM

The problem with Ford is that they are full of product planners that have "opinions" about what the buying public want - and those opinions are blocking any creativity. These people no doubt live in unappealing Detroit neighborhoods, shop at aging shopping malls in the nearby suburbs, have 2.5 kids (all grown up now) and have driven Fords all their lives. They would spot a new trend till it knocked them over. Ford needs to fire the lot of them and go and hire new people from around the country that drive the types of car that people like to buy - Toyotas, Hondas, Audis, BMW, etc. and represent the nation as a whole. Trendy young people that represent the emerging markets for the years to come. Wealthy up and comers that represent the real buying power.

Old 12-13-2006, 11:58 PM

Maybe ford needs to take a hint from mazda?
I think Ford already owns any hints Mazda may want to give them...

Old 01-07-2007, 06:16 PM

Maybe Ford (and GM) could focus on reliability, servicability and cost of repair. Bottom line, when you turn the key, you want your vehicle to start and move. When it doesn't, you don't want to spend 1/2 your month's paycheck to buy the part and then have a dealership take the other 1/2 in labour.

I own a 95 explorer as a winter vehicle because my 02 Mustang is away for winter. A fuel pump for the Explorer just cost me $1,100 dollars because the pump is an outrageous $500.00 and $600.00 to install it. That's on a truck that is worth $3,000.00 tops. What do I do, scrap the truck over a fuel pump??

But a Jap ricer and you can install a $150.00 fuel pump in under an hour because they have an access hole in the floor under the rear seat. No drainingand having to drop the tank, all for the factory cost of addingan access hole and one sheet metal screw.

THINK Ford, if you want repeat customers. How we view our older Fords affects us when we go to buy a new Ford.

Old 06-02-2007, 05:25 PM

Fixed (by) Our Ripoff Dealers

Old 06-14-2007, 05:45 PM

Poor ford, I wonder where they really started to get off track. Was there any particular year that spelled out the (semi) end for them?

Old 06-24-2007, 02:33 AM

bring the aussie falcons and territorys to the U.S. you guys will love em!

Old 06-25-2007, 07:28 PM

I liked the old Probe. I had a '90 with a 3.0 V6 years ago and I loved it. It had a digital dash with a factory trip computer that would tell you everything from current fuel economy to how long it would take you to get from point "A" to point "B" at your current speed. It handled great and had good power and acceleration. I only traded it in because I was going to Panama and I knew how bad the roads were down there. I took a '94 Toyota 4x4 truck with me and it turned out to be pretty good too.

Old 07-06-2007, 02:13 PM

I myself am a BMW kinda guy because everything is over engineered.... but not so over engineered that you cant fix your car when it breaks. Ford is a good company don't get me wrong but it will take a miracle for them to pull their heads out of their a$$ long enough to see what the people want. Ford is for trucks, when I think of Ford thats all that comes to mind. If I want a fast car or easy to work on car I'll buy gm or a civic. If I want a dependable truck I'll buy a ford. Ford almost had a good idea with the focus.. but just didnt build it up enough to compete against the import cars out there. I think if ford built a 2 door roadster or something they'd have a better chance.

Quick Reply: the best way for Ford to rebound....