Concept & Rumor Mill Heard you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in.

Muscle Cars

Old 01-15-2006, 06:08 AM
Default Muscle Cars

For years I've asked myself why the American car companies refuse to make vehicles similar to the Muscle cars of the late 60s and early 70s. Countless car enthusiast magazines have placed the American muscle car on a pedestal for years. When the new Mustang came out I said to myself "Watch that baby sell and prove my point!" I read an article in the paper the other day which said Ford's share of the market had shrunken but that the Mustang and the 500 were carrying the company. I don't know if that article was acurate but there is one thing I do know. I bleed blue blood. I love Fords and always have. However, when I saw the new Ford Fairlaine I bacame angry. That vehicle is a sorry excuse for a Fairlane. Furthermore, can't anyone see that American's are going crazy for the Mustang, the new Comaro concept and the Challenger concept? What are the American car companies waiting for? Give the people what they want, not some bland ultra-sensible Euro rollerskate that could bore a grandmother to sleep. Our blood boils for a beast of a car that looks mean and sounds even meaner. If you want to put Ford on top, make cars the American people can't resist. Refine that 68 fairlane, make it look modern and sell it as a muscle car. People will line up for one and guys like me will finally be able to get as excited about the new Fords as I am about the Mustang. Thanks for taking the time to read my post. Please help bring back the glory days of the American car industry!

Old 06-24-2006, 04:37 PM
Default RE: Muscle Cars

well said. i've noticed through the past few years a major difference between ford and chevy that has just now changed. ford has embraced their past while reinveting it ( i.e. the new mustang, the ford gt, new ac cobra concept, and the gr1(cobra daytona concept). chevy has looked away from their past turning great muscle cars into fwd family cars like the impala and the monte carlo. chevy has just now changed that with the new camaro (though i think they ripped of dodge bacause i think it looks ALOT like the early 70's charger). ford has been doing it right for years. i mean how stupid can you be to drop an icon like the camaro, though the only camaro i would EVER own is a first gen. the new camaro is sharp but why drop it in the first place. the muscle car era is coming back strong and has been for a few years. the horsepower wars are on again and it is about time.

Old 07-22-2006, 01:21 AM

i agree, i have always said that if you match todays tech with yesteryears styloe would be the hottest sales ever! e-mail your local auto manufacturer and voice your opinion. musle rocks!!!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/5886/8C3EE3FE353C4A9C9FB715A578FFCECB.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-14-2006, 05:11 PM
Administrator

ironically, GM is going to all new names, and they are on the verge of bankruptcy...

Old 08-17-2006, 11:42 PM

I agree. Well put.

Old 11-07-2006, 03:54 PM

Unfortuneately, OPEC isn't a fan of horsepower wars...how bout muscle in a smaller package? MAZDASPEED3?