Fairlane/Falcon/Galaxie/Gran Torino There 1960s classics have not been forgetten, whether it is on the dragstrip or at any car show, they are still all well represented.

1961 Ford Falcon for Sale! Needs to go Quick!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 03:52 PM
Default 1961 Ford Falcon for Sale! Needs to go Quick!

1961 Ford Falcon 2dr
[Pics]

Hello, I need to sell my falcon in order to get a more modern car. My asking price is $3000, might go lower, need to sell. Let me know if your interested. I have replaced a lot of the running parts and just rebuilt the carburetor so everything is in good running condition.

Engine
2.8 in-line 6.
Runs like a sewing machine
Just reset points and timed her. She could use a different carburetor if you want better mpg. I would recommend an Autolite 1100 or 1101. Is set up for a manual choke but has an automatic on it now.

Replaced/fixed:
[ul][*]Harmonic Balancer,[*]Alternator,[*]Wire Harness-Dash,[*]Turn Signal Control,[*]Front Brakes[ul][*]New Hardware[/ul][ul][*]New Brake pads[/ul][ul][*]Turned Drums[/ul][ul][*]New left drum[/ul][ul][*]Installed; Automatic Adjuster[/ul][*]Rebuilt Starter,[*]Spark Plugs,[*]Starter Solenoid,[*]Fuel Pump,[*]Fuel Filter,[*]Air Filter,[*]Rotor,[*]Vacuum Line,[*]Distributer Cap[/ul]
Exterior
The paint is original and is in decent condition with some rust spots. A good bit of the clear coat is gone. It will need to be repainted but it still looks hot and turns many heads going through town.

Interior
The interior is in good condition. The floor panel in the front, drivers side is rusted out but the carpet covers it up. Will cost about $60-$70 to fix if you have a welder. I have installed seat belts in the front seat but the back seat is still with out. Heat was working until I redid the wiring and broke the control for the fan. You can get the switch for under $30 or you could wire your own switch pretty easily. No A/C but could easily be installed with a under-dash unit. The radio is removed but I am confident that it works, though it needs some cosmetic work. I have installed a CD player and speakers for it but i kind of want to keep the CD player. Thats negotiable though.

Let me know if you have any questions. I love it but I don't have the money to restore and the longer i hold on the more money I spend on it. Thanks

Email me at JSRobinson3@gmail.com if your interested in buying or call at 803-370-5454 after 4pm during the week or anytime on weekends. I am located around Charlotte, NC. Can't drive to far to meet anyone but might be able to accommodate per issue.