Fairlane/Falcon/Galaxie/Gran Torino There 1960s classics have not been forgetten, whether it is on the dragstrip or at any car show, they are still all well represented.

1963 1/2 Galaxie Value

Old 05-24-2007, 09:58 PM
Default 1963 1/2 Galaxie Value

I am considering selling my 1963 Galaxie and would appreciate some ball park estimates of its value.
1963 ½ Galaxie 2 door HT
Purchased new in ‘63 by my parents. I acquired in 1989
352 V8 2 barrel with AT, PS no PB, no radio, no AC, etc
53,000 miles
Noisy lifter(s)
Needs muffler
Interior
, Original, relatively good shape. Front seat bottom has two separated seams
Exterior
, 1 repaint of original color. A minor dent on top- size of quarter, maybe 1/8 inch deep. Chrome good, not great. Grill is good, but some trim pieces are dented.
I think the car should be worth $3,000 to $4,000. What say you?[:-]

Old 07-06-2007, 09:34 PM
Default RE: 1963 1/2 Galaxie Value

Hello out there.Sounds like you have a nice car on your hands,must be hard letting her go.From your description it sounds like the car would be worth closer to $4000 mark as this is the more desireable of the 63 Galaxies.I am going strictly on local prices and many hours spent on ebay and other sites researching these types of vehicles.I currently own a 2 1964 galaxies and a 1962 mercury monterey 2 dr hardtop and am constantly looking for parts and just browsing to check current values.Just make sure if someone buys the car sight unseen that you are sure it is just noisy lifters and not something deeper in the motor or your bound to hear about it through ebay or whomever you use to sell the car.Hope this helps.Good Luck

Old 08-20-2007, 03:27 AM
Default RE: 1963 1/2 Galaxie Value

$4000 is a deal. Number one - it's a 2 door. That's a tougher body style and aHardtop - also tougher and less damage by the elements. Number two - one of the smaller big-block engines so it still won't kill you on gas. Number 3 factory power steering was a nice option. Lifter noise is more normal for older engines with mechanical lifters. It can usually be adjusted out and made to run quiet again. As a matter of fact it would probably be worth the money to have a familiar mechanic adjust it and change the oil and filter.A for sale sign onan older car in the vicinity of a classic car show can sometimes bring in nice offers - maybe more than you expected. It is a 44 year old car and you don't see as many around as you used to so the price in rarety (which is not a consideration in blue books and crap like that) is something to also consider. I believe the 63's are a little less rare though than 64's. Didn't 63-1/2 still have the straight rear bumper? The 64 bumpers are hard to find in nice shape because they often collected road debris and rotted. Those bumpers alone are worth in the upwards of $1000. So you see how the part values translate also into sales prices because let's face it - you have no idea if the guy you sell it to it going to rip it apart and sell the pieces to make even more money than he paid you. When selling it might be worth it to ask the buyers intentions (if you care about the car a degree more than the money). In the long run it boils down to how long you wait and what you'd really like to get for it. If you let people steamroll you for it - believe me they will. If selling over the internet - remember a picture is worth a thousand words.