Fairlane/Falcon/Galaxie/Gran Torino There 1960s classics have not been forgetten, whether it is on the dragstrip or at any car show, they are still all well represented.

Ford Galaxy

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 06:13 PM
Default Ford Galaxy

Hi everybody! I'm looking for a little help here, my galaxy starts off something great. Then all of a sudden I could be doing over
80mph then suddenly it pulls back, after that it won't pick up speed again, can anyone give me a clue what's cuasing it....?

Old 09-02-2005, 01:16 PM
Default RE: Ford Galaxy

Sounds like a fuel problem, Maybe Vapor Lock ?? , Check your fuel cap an make sure its vent aint plugged up , I ve seen them get a Vaccum on the tank an not run, next time it does it , stop the car shut it off ,, , An loosen the cap up see if you can hear AIR escaping , kinda sound ,,, Or just leave the fuel cap off an try driving it to see if it clears up the problem , ( But dont leave the cap off for good after the test !!!!!! ) Another thing you might want to look at is the way the fuel lines are routed from the fuel pump to the Carb , Are they like lay'n on the motor any where , that might be causing the line to get hot an start vaporing the fuel. Have you had the fuel system apart lately ,, Possible any thing in the tank , getting sucked up to the intake line in the tank , blocking it off . ( I had one a few yrs. go the guy rebuilt his Carb. When he sild the fuel line back on the filter - He cut the inside of the rubber hose an it acted like a lil flap an at speeds above 65 MPH , it would shut the flow of fuel off an the car would die , an then after cranking it for a few minutes it would finally restart , Drove me crazy for 2 days till I found it !!!!! An I had the hose off several time to boot !!! )

[sm=headbang.gif]

Old 09-02-2005, 02:53 PM

I heard of somebody putting a cut rubber condum in the fuel tank. The idea was that the car would run until the condum found its way to the pump. It would chock the engine of fuel and die, but then the condum would float off. The car could be restarted only to have the condum chock it off again later. [sm=lildevil.gif][sm=insomnia.gif]

Old 07-10-2008, 06:19 PM

Is this with automatic or stick shift transmission?