Ford Bronco One of the original SUVs, offered in both a full size Bronco, or the more compact Bronco II.

89 Bronco XLT - 4 door

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 01:41 PM
Default 89 Bronco XLT - 4 door

I recently bought a Full Sized 89 Bronco XLT with 4 doors, I'm told this is a rare model, I want to restore it, as it only has 67,000 original miles (according to Carfac's). It is in excellent shape, with no really bad rust spots other than the roof of the cab. It had a vinyl top that was split and torn, when I removed the vinyl the roof underneath was rusted very badly, but I'm in the process of repairing that.

What I'm looking for is information on this model, and possibly a source for parts, my local stores don't have most of what I want due to the length of this model. It's much longer than the usual Bronco, having an additional set of doors and row of seats.

I'm also looking for some customization equipment for it.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-14-2007, 11:35 PM
Default RE: 89 Bronco XLT - 4 door

I've never seen one with four doors as far as I remember. It should be basically the same as a regular Full-size Bronco as far as most parts. I can order a variety of parts if you have any interest.Does ithave a removable fiberglass cap on the rear section like the regular models? The regular full size broncos came with front and rear seats - you say yours has a third row? Are you sure this isn't a custom aftermarket job? Either way it sounds cool.

Old 03-15-2007, 04:01 AM

Yea I really like it and yes it has the 3rd row of seats and the removeable topper. A friend of mine said it was a Century Conversion of something along that line when he saw it. It has the 351 W, and I think it will be great once I get it finished. I just bought it last month, the guy I bought it from said it was very rare, he got it in Virginia, about 3 years ago, but his wife didn't like it so it has sat for the last 2 years in his backyard, he put a for sale sign on it in November and I bought it in Feb. It needs a few things done, mostly because it sat so long, but I can do most of the work myself

Old 03-15-2007, 03:08 PM

Whenever a car/truck sits for over a year it is necessary to change motor oil and filter (and sometimes trans. oil and filter) because while sitting moisture from the air blends into the oil and over time waters it down badly. Yes - I thought it sonded like a custom job - I wonder if it was aftermarket or a factory endorsed conversion. If Ford endorsed and oversaw the conversion it would be worth even twice as much as just a regular aftermarket customization. Either way though it sounds like a real nice vehicle to have. The 351W is a real nice block too provided the former owners took good care of it.

Old 03-15-2007, 05:29 PM

A good place to look for Bronco parts is online at www.broncograveyard.com. They have a lot of stuff there, but it's tuff to say if you'll find everything you need for your rare model.