Ford Crown Victoria The crown victoria, the choice of police forces all over the United States due to its size and available V8 engine

Crown Vic wipers park in full upright

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 07:55 PM
Default Crown Vic wipers park in full upright

My '01 Vic began a year or more ago to park the wipers in "full salute" position. Only occasionally for a long time; then it began to do this every time. I knew the motor and stalk switch were working properly. Someone mentioned the reverse clutch assy. that bolts to the motor shaft. I took that out and cleaned/ greased it, and that worked on and off for awhile. Then I discovered that I could turn the wipers on the lowest interval position, and when they stopped at the down position, I could push that clutch plate about 1/8" toward the right side of the car, then quickly turn off the wipers and they'd park properly. I had heard that this clutch assy. was available seperately from the motor, but NEVER could find one. I went on Amazon.com and found the kit finally this month, and ordered it. It has a new cam, plate flat spring, bolt and bolt recess cover plug in the kit. Around $37 including shipping. I removed the old parts and put the new parts in today( first acceptable weather day, have to work outside). Presto!! The wipers now park down where they're suppose to. Thought I'd share this, may be a help to someone out there.