Ford Crown Victoria The crown victoria, the choice of police forces all over the United States due to its size and available V8 engine

Information on the Crown Victoria

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 10:23 PM
Default Information on the Crown Victoria

Hi my name is Llogan. I am new to the Ford forum and was just wandering if anybody owns the Crown Victoria? If so I was just wandering if anyone would mind providing some information about it. I was just wandering what model do you own. Does it seem to be holding out pretty good. Does it seem to be a good vehicle. Do you get lots of compliments on it. What is the gas mileage on the Crown Victoria that you own. What kind of features does your Crown Victoria provide?

Old 08-04-2005, 04:39 PM
Default RE: Information on the Crown Victoria

I'm on my third Crown Vic. I got my first one, a 1993, because I needed the leg room. I zigged when I should have zagged in 'Nam so I have a left leg without a knee. The 1993 was a fantastic vehicle until some woman ran a stop sign in a 1994 Cadillac & hit me broadside. I walked away but my car was totaled, hit on left front driver side. Safety # 1. My next was used 1999. Put dual exhausts, K&N filter system. Car got gas milage around 23-25 on highway. I usually cruse around 70-75. Traded it on a 2004 Crown Vic Sport. This model basically is a police package with leather bucket seats & a floor shift. Factory duals, ( I put glass packs on ), performance & handling package w/ rear air suspension,( has stock 239 HP engine instead of the regular 225), changed to a K&N FIPK cold air system, tinted windows, driving lights in the under bumper air dam at the outer corners. This has a 3:27 rear under it, no rev limiter (will bury the needle). I consistantly get 26-29 mpg at 75 mph. I changed the tail pipes to the Maurauder style (straight out ) with 3" tips (sounds good). On 4/10/06 changed grill to honeycomb style with outer border painted same as car color. Added Moan turn signal lites in mirrors 4/15/06. This car is dark torredor red so with the window tint, CB antenna on the deck lid, the straight pipes out the back & the black trim along the bottom of the body between the wheel openings it looks long & low. Buy one, you'll never regret it. I haven't heard of any CV owner that doesn't love the car & would buy one again. TRY IT, YOU"LL LIKE IT !!! Recomend the K&N FIPK system. Huge improvement in acceleration & top end. Pulling power in OD fantastic, very seldow shifts out. Milage improved as long as you keep your right foot out of it!

Old 08-05-2005, 03:15 AM

Over the years Ive owned 3 of them myself , Very nice comfortable cars , handle good ride good , Anyone that rode in it like it also , , I think The Mercery Grand Marquie , same base vechile , has a slighty better ride usually has more up-grades, Also owned 2 of these , they both body style's normally have POWER EVERYTHING . One had a 5.0 HO motor what a diff that extra HP . made, However due to a back injury it became to diffuict to get in an out of these style cars cause they ride so low , Now I have a E-150 econline conversion ,, God I love those power seats ........The first MERC. I owned was a 1986 , land yacht it would float down the road you could be doing 80 an not know it till you looked at the speedo,. Iam 6 ft 2 , so allways have had to have a large car or a truck... I was really dissapointed last year , I test drove a lincon nav. the legg room really SUX , for that style - type vechile, even for the rear passanger as well as my son who was 14 at the time is 6ft 4 ,,, Oh the letters LTD ,, thats Long Term Debt, just so you know , LOL

Old 08-08-2005, 10:36 PM

My current Vicki is a 93 and still running well.

Old 04-21-2006, 02:47 AM

[sm=vader1.gif] I have owned 1 Grand Marquis and 3 crown vics which I still owned 2 1 1993 the other 1997 these cars handle very great secure in case of crash very good looking and faster if you installed and good trunk space for sound equipment, No complaints about them except for the 1993 the only minus are tha transmission, Crap but it can be fixed with a swap for a 4R70W transmission and Wa'La.

ATT, SNIPER 308. [sm=patriot.gif]

Old 05-17-2006, 11:40 PM

I have purchased my first Merc Grand Marquis 2 years ago (basically the same car). Its a 1997. My wife always makes fun of me saying it's an old persons car and I must be the only person under 50 driving one (I'm 31). I love it though. Power everything. Plus, it jumps pretty well when you mash the accelerator. Being 6'2", the fact that I have more than enough leg room was a blessing in and of itself. I've always had smaller cars. My last was an '88 Nissan Sentra. For this fact alone, I'd own one again. Spacious trunk too. I really like this style car.

Old 07-12-2006, 01:59 AM

I bought my Crown Victoria Interceptor about A year and a half ago, it runs great, the first week I had it I installed x-pipes added a half inch to the entire exhaust high flow cats and 40 series Flowmasters, and man I loved it even more. I also added some 15" american racing rims wrapped with BF Goodrich's a lil taller in the rear. I love it. I drove it to LA from Tucson AZ at about 95mph on cruise control with the A/C at full blast and came back the same. No problems. Drove it to Colorado to do some snowboarding with my fiance in the wintertime and again man all I get is looks, people see coming from behind and automatically slow down thinking your HP or something. I like the looks I get when I dust Riceburners though. So Don't listen to that Found On Road Dead bull, cause you won't find this one anytime soon. O yeah by the way I got 162,000+ miles on my vick and it doesn't smoke or anything of the likes. So yeah get yourself a Vic, you'll see what we're talkin about. Oh yeah Love the Vic

Old 07-15-2006, 11:16 AM

I had a 1995 base sedan that I bought when a year old with about 10,000 miles on the clock. It was very reliable. With the stock 4.6 single exhaust and a 2.73 rear end, it got 28 mpg on the highway. That was with five people and a heavily laden trunk when we traveled. I was never as pleased with the handling (previously I had driven a Mustang 5.0), but I replaced the shocks with heavy duty Monroes and the tires with Michelen touring tires. This made a difference. I found the brakes on the CV a little small for the car, and would recommend replacing front rotors on every brake job rather than having them turned. This prevents the freshly turned rotors from warping following your first panic stop after a brake job. The car had around 60,000 when I had to trade it for a mini van. They are good cars. I'd look for the LX sport or the Mercury Marauder if I was in the market for another one. Be careful with used police cars. Some departments take care of their fleets, and some run them into the ground for 100-300,000 miles before getting rid of whats left of them.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:29 PM

My son has a 1993 Crown Vic. He just started having sounds(something rubbing as the tires go around) coming from the rear of the car. He put it up on jacks last night, pulled the wheels off, checked the bearings he had replaced about 5 months ago just to make sure they still were fine, which they were. Put the tires back on, drove it around the neighborhood for about 20 minutes, still the sound is there.

Sound: It starts when he has it in gear, and the wheels are turning - it almost sounds like a bearing going out type of sound, but he's just replaced that. He also mentioned when he put the car in neutral the sound seemed to be not as loud. He has no problem with the transmission shifting so he doesn't think it's the tranie. I think what he's afraid it is, is the torque converter? But wouldn't that cause the tranie to act up too?

I was hoping it wasn't the rear end planning on going out. (by the way theres no leaks with the tranie or the rear end)

Anyone have any idea's, thoughts, suggestions?

P.S. The kid is frustrated and I'm heartbroken since this was his first car - he's had it for almost 5 years now - 200K+ miles on it. Great car though!

Thanks,
AmericanEssence

Old 11-27-2011, 01:22 AM
Default Crown Vic engine change

Does anyone know if the motor mounts fit and I'm able to put a 2000 Cv engine in a 1996 CV body. Thanks

Quick Reply: Information on the Crown Victoria