Ford Crown Victoria The crown victoria, the choice of police forces all over the United States due to its size and available V8 engine

Where o where is it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 03:25 PM
Default Where o where is it?

Where in the world is the air suspension compressor on a 2002 Crown Victoria LX? I have looked all over the engine compartment and cannot either see it or recognize it. I know that it has three grommets to reduce vibrations. Mine has finally died and now it just sits down on the back axle and bounces up and down going down the road. I'm sure it would be easy to replace but I can't find it. Help!!!

Old 08-02-2012, 06:00 PM

It is hid under a little plastic cover under the air intake box on the left front of the engine compartment.

Old 08-02-2012, 06:24 PM

Thank you so much!!

Old 08-04-2012, 12:54 PM

Success!! Oh, BTW, I went ahead and took out the windshield washer reservoir as well as the housing for the air cleaner for better access. The compressor was original to the car so it has lasted for eleven years. However, I have to admit the new one is MUCH quieter.... hehehe.

The air hose going back to the air bags system was a bugger bear. I ended up snipping it off at the dryer and trimming the rubber cover back about an inch to give me enough hose to insert into the new dryer. The air bags are still in good shape and are holding the air well, however I am going to be replacing them soon as I am sure they need it.

Thank you, way2old, for the tip on where the compressor was located.

Old 08-05-2012, 03:47 PM

Glad to help. I just offered advice, you completed the repair. Good job and thanks for using the forum.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:54 AM

I'm still having problems with the dash light coming on after driving a while. Is there a relay switch somewhere? I know I've got a slow leak in the system, although when I stop driving the car when it's working correctly it doesn't leak out. What am I not doing?