Ford Econoline E Series The full size van is alive and well at FMC, with the heart of the F series trucks in both cargo vans and passenger vans.

2009 fuel shut off switch location????

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 01:11 PM

No passive anti-theft.

Old 06-21-2017, 01:56 PM

What are your thoughts about the fuel pump module located in the frame rail beside the spare tire on the drivers side???? Is there a place there where I can test for power???

Old 06-21-2017, 04:35 PM
Default Fuel pump driver module

I've pulled the driver module, Seems to be a Spectra model. Has 8 pins. Not sure how to test that. Is there a place on the harness to check for power????

Old 06-21-2017, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator

Did you attempt.....

With a helper, the key cycled ON ( timed pump function thou) listening into the tank fill neck, no pump run is heard?

If not, sometimes if a pump is failing, with a helper seated have them cycle the key ON and give the tank bottom a firm bump or two with the palm of your hand. Some times the pump will start from a good jarring.

If no results, no run..
Fuses=good
Relay checked-swapped=good
You can check at bulkhead connector on the harness up front as it makes its way to the left frame rail.. Or any of the module connectors. The VT/GN (violet/ green tracer) wire should be 'Hot in Run' position with the key.. If not, fuses or relay would again be suspect.

Fuel Pump Driver Module connector for the same wire color VT/GN for input power. Good? If so, the module output to pump is the YE/GY wire (Yellow/gray tracer). The grounding function for the fuel pump motor is controlled by the driver module, not a chassis ground.

Old 06-21-2017, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator

Sent you some info to your Reg email..

Old 06-21-2017, 05:17 PM

Thank you Hayapower. Violet with green tracer shows 12V to the pump driver module. Its starting to rain, just but the scoot in the garage. I will check the yellow/gray wire tomorrow if its dry enough to lay under the van. I really appreciate your help. Yep, banged on the tank and everything you asked about. No noise coming out the fuel tank.
Will send results on the yellow wire as soon as I find out. Thank you.

Old 06-22-2017, 06:47 AM

Good morning. Viloet/green have power coming in. when I jump to the yellow/gray there is no circuit. Guess I need to lower the fuel tank and see if power is getting to that junction.

Old 06-22-2017, 07:07 AM

Alright, what I just did was take the power input, jumped it across to power the fuel pump, then went to ground. When I jumped to ground, I could hear the fuel pump loud and clear. So, I have juice getting to the fuel pump module, but not sure if its going past there.

Old 06-22-2017, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator

When the Key is cycled ON, you have voltage at the VT/GN,, but do you get 12v on the Module output side on the YE/GY? Since you bridged it , thinking not.. (Remember, pump run is 'timed' for a few seconds when the key is cycled, so to test output you may need a helper).

If you added or bridged the Module power to Pump, added a temp chassis ground to the pump motor WH/BN and the pump runs, you should see spec fuel pressure at the rail, and a start if there..

Old 06-22-2017, 04:02 PM

Yes, it did start. I got excited, rode 150 miles to a ford stealership, got a replacement driver, installed it, it won't get the pump running. I am sad

Quick Reply: 2009 fuel shut off switch location????