Ford Econoline E Series The full size van is alive and well at FMC, with the heart of the F series trucks in both cargo vans and passenger vans.

'93 e250 i6 4.9l

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 10:22 PM
Default '93 e250 i6 4.9l

Ok so to start off this van has had one issue after another but this last one I cant seem to fix. last week fuel pump died, replaced ran great 4 days, new one died, replaced ran 30 min until new fuel issue, fuel pressure regulator and filter replaced and now on another (higher quality I hope) fuel pump. So here are the symptoms: runs fine on new pump until engine warms up, then cuts out instant. will not restart and if does acts starved for fuel. Proper pressure according to alldata.com on the fuel rail. If I spray fuel down intake will run untill you remove fuel source then will starve out again. I got another ecu from the junkyard and does the same on either ecu........ I am not sure what electronic components control fuel besides the ecu because the diaram on alldata shows the injectors get their firing signal direct from ecu/pcm and I have proper steady fuel pressure at the valve on the rail.

Old issues I have temporarily adjusted and need advice to solve.
Vacuum is strong enough to suck large amounts of oil from pcv valve about one quart per day! so I plugged off the vacuum, because restricting it did not slow it down. Now with the pcv vacuum disconnected and plugged I am no longer fouling the plugs everyday and have not had to add oil in the last 2 weeks. left a breather in the pcv hole. Second it is also sucking trans oil from the trans (C6) I restricted the vacuum and also replaced the modulator that the vacuum connects to. However I think the vacuum broke the diaphram in the new modulator and it is again sucking the trans oil out >.<

I really need to get this fuel issue fixed because im running out of money and need the van for work Any thoughts or help is Welcome!!!!
TOM