Ford Econoline E Series The full size van is alive and well at FMC, with the heart of the F series trucks in both cargo vans and passenger vans.

E150 Leaking rear windows or maybe doors?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 05:27 PM
Default E150 Leaking rear windows or maybe doors?

Hey folks. I recently purchased a 2010 E150 cargo van and recently discovered I'm getting water in the rear on the drivers side only. It was used and the scuff plate for the rear mat was destroyed so I've got a new one to install and I was pretty sure I was going to need weatherstripping around the rear doors, but yesterday I ran it through a self service car wash and discovered that I've also go water coming in around the window on the left rear door.

It's a work truck and I don't want to spend a ton on it but I don't want the floor rusting out either. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what is involved in the window seal and is it going to take a factory replacement or can I maybe put some silicone on it. Door seals are cut in a few places and I thought about trying to glue them back up but don't want to go to all that if it's a waste of time. Anyone have any experience with repairing the cargo door seals on these things?

Thanks for any and all help with this.