Ford Econoline E Series The full size van is alive and well at FMC, with the heart of the F series trucks in both cargo vans and passenger vans.

E150 remote door lock module

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 07:44 PM
Question E150 remote door lock module

Hi Everyone,

I have a 2001 Ford E150 Econoline XLT and I have an issue with power central lock. I tried to search in this forum if some one had a similar problem, but haven't find one, so here is my story.

Three days ago my central lock stopped locking the doors, it was able just unlock the door by using any of the power lock doors in the driver's door, passenger's door or rear loading door. I do not have a remote or keypad on the doors, just the switch on the three doors interior. It wasn't a big deal until I figured out the car is unlocking itself after a while. I drove my car to a dealership today and they said I need to replace the "keyless remote door lock module" and asked me to pay $500 for the part. It is kinda over my budget, so I asked them to disconnect the module to stop the car unlocking itself. They charged me $99 for the maintenance, which is fair price, but they refused to give me the part number of the module. I believe the module is located under dashboard on driver's side, but have no idea how it looks like. I would like to remove the module and search for a better price, any suggestions, please? I will appreciate for any information or help where to find a scheme or part number. Many thanks.

Tomas

Old 05-01-2013, 11:52 AM

What do you need help with? Finding the module? or another dealership to install the module at a better price?

Originally Posted by Eurorealtor
Hi Everyone,

I have a 2001 Ford E150 Econoline XLT and I have an issue with power central lock. I tried to search in this forum if some one had a similar problem, but haven't find one, so here is my story.

Three days ago my central lock stopped locking the doors, it was able just unlock the door by using any of the power lock doors in the driver's door, passenger's door or rear loading door. I do not have a remote or keypad on the doors, just the switch on the three doors interior. It wasn't a big deal until I figured out the car is unlocking itself after a while. I drove my car to a dealership today and they said I need to replace the "keyless remote door lock module" and asked me to pay $500 for the part. It is kinda over my budget, so I asked them to disconnect the module to stop the car unlocking itself. They charged me $99 for the maintenance, which is fair price, but they refused to give me the part number of the module. I believe the module is located under dashboard on driver's side, but have no idea how it looks like. I would like to remove the module and search for a better price, any suggestions, please? I will appreciate for any information or help where to find a scheme or part number. Many thanks.

Tomas