Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners

Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/)
-   Ford Econoline E Series (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/ford-econoline-e-series-18/)
-   -   i need help, so confused (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/ford-econoline-e-series-18/i-need-help-so-confused-33698/)

b-love508 10-26-2015 07:45 PM

i need help, so confused

Hi,
I have a 89 f-350 Econoline motor home I think it has the 302 v8. I start the engine and it runs fine at idle but when I go to give it gas it dies?!?!? Camper ran and started all summer sat for to weeks to winterize and all a sudden this issue happend. Please help!!!!
Thank you

hanky 10-27-2015 02:11 PM

Depending on where you had the RV, first off, check the engine intake system for possible tenants having moved in and they could have blocked incoming air.
A good visual inspection may reveal a cracked vacuum hose , look for anything different from what you were accustomed to seeing when you looked under the hood in the past. Did anyone do anything in the engine compartment in the process of getting ready for winter?

b-love508 10-27-2015 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by hanky (Post 94231)
Depending on where you had the RV, first off, check the engine intake system for possible tenants having moved in and they could have blocked incoming air.
A good visual inspection may reveal a cracked vacuum hose , look for anything different from what you were accustomed to seeing when you looked under the hood in the past. Did anyone do anything in the engine compartment in the process of getting ready for winter?

No I haven't done anything in engine compartment but I will look for unwanted guests thank you

Use Common Sense 10-29-2015 12:10 AM

Also, what is your fuel pressure like (last fuel filter replacement)? A dirty fuel filter just may have just shown its hand.

b-love508 02-10-2016 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Use Common Sense (Post 94258)
Also, what is your fuel pressure like (last fuel filter replacement)? A dirty fuel filter just may have just shown its hand.

I have no idea. Do I need any special tools to take out fuel filter like now a days vehicles? If not I'll replace it.

Use Common Sense 02-14-2016 08:17 PM

Being a 1989, your fuel filter will be located along the frame rail under the driver's side.

b-love508 02-14-2016 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Use Common Sense (Post 95993)
Being a 1989, your fuel filter will be located along the frame rail under the driver's side.

Ok I hope it's just some Phillip head screws and a couple hose clamps that hold in on haha. But thank you

Use Common Sense 02-16-2016 03:14 AM

You have a "HIGH PRESSURE" fuel system. It's best to remove power from the fuel pump and run the engine until it dies. They you will have a white clip on either side of the filter that get pulled up. Then the line pulls off of the filter ends. Don't worry if a clip breaks, as there should be a set of new ones with the filter. Just make sure they are in the box when you purchase the filter.

b-love508 02-16-2016 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Use Common Sense (Post 96013)
You have a "HIGH PRESSURE" fuel system. It's best to remove power from the fuel pump and run the engine until it dies. They you will have a white clip on either side of the filter that get pulled up. Then the line pulls off of the filter ends. Don't worry if a clip breaks, as there should be a set of new ones with the filter. Just make sure they are in the box when you purchase the filter.

Thank you...much appreciated