Ford Econoline E Series The full size van is alive and well at FMC, with the heart of the F series trucks in both cargo vans and passenger vans.

New member intro.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 11:46 AM
Default New member intro.

Hey folks, just signed up today. I am a long time van lover, as I used to travel a lot for work. My first trip out west was with a Mark 3 econoline and it was about as good as it gets. Long story short, I got settled, the van was not practical and I ended up selling it. Fast forward 12 years. I've had a long standing agreement with my wife, that as soon as I make $50k we can start looking at vans again.....well, I just got a raise and make over $50k!!!!.

From what I see the econo-line series is the way to go. I would love to get into a mark 3 edition again. I'm looking for some good research material on the different variations of these vans (engine type, E-150, E-250, or E-350?...etc.). Is there a year, make model that get killer MPG out of or are known to last longer then others? I'm looking to use my van as a family camper van on weekend trips during the summer months, it won't be a daily (or even weekly) driver.

Anyway, any information would be appreciated, if you want to reply with links or particular threads, I would greatly appreciate it.