Ford Econoline E Series The full size van is alive and well at FMC, with the heart of the F series trucks in both cargo vans and passenger vans.

Power Mirror Short?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2022, 01:06 PM

The only wire diagram that I have found is for a 1996 F350. All of the wires match up color wise for both mirrors but it is very limited to what is in the system. It shows direct wire from fuse to switch, this is the light green/yellow that goes to all the door switches. I have disconnected all but 2 of the door switches because they were stuck or corroded at the plunger and the other 2 are fine. I have had the switch in for several days now and have not had a problem with it, and I am leaving it in the middle not going to one mirror or the other. I am going to see if I can find another connector at the junkyard to splice in just in case this one could be bad since it was attached to a melted switch. What I may end up doing is changing the power wire to a switched wire. I can either tap in to the power wire for the window switch or may try to install a relay to get me my power after startup. I just don't understand why there needs to be power to the switch at all times. I also pulled the knee panel off yesterday to get a better look at the fuse panel and wiring at the drivers seat. It is a real mess under there. There is still part of the harness under there for the alarm system that was installed, a Clifford system. I made sure that any hot wires were taped up and separated from everything else and that all wires were secured and not flopping around.

Thanks for looking at this with me you all. I will keep at it.