Ford Econoline E Series The full size van is alive and well at FMC, with the heart of the F series trucks in both cargo vans and passenger vans.

Turn signal flasher 2010 E250

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 05:36 PM
Default Turn signal flasher 2010 E250

I need help locating (or even the existence of) the turn signal flasher on a 2010 E250 cargo van with NO factory trailer towing package. I have added 4-wire trailer lights, connected to the tail light wiring at the rear of the van. I cannot find the flasher under the dash to replace it with a heavy-duty version so that the turn signals flash at a sane rate when my trailer (with incandescent lights) is connected.
I have checked another thread (E350 passenger van) that states that there is an electronic flasher under the dash, right of the steering column. But I cannot find anything other than the multiple wiring connectors mounted to the metal dash structure there.
I have noticed that when turning on the ignition, with driver door open and turn signal on, there is no clicking sound from the dash until after the "door ajar" chime stops, even though the turn signals are operating. [This leads me to believe that perhaps there may be no flasher, but only a sound generator controlled by the computer...?] The clicking sound then seems to be behind the instrument cluster itself [same general location as the chime], but I cannot see or feel anything up that far, from underneath.
Any help is much appreciated!

Old 02-27-2012, 10:16 PM

Part number is F2UZ13350AA, according to my book it is a relay located in the smart junction box.

Old 03-01-2012, 12:50 PM
Default Still searching...

Richard, thanks for the reply.
I found two relays (one right, one left) for the turn signals/flashers in the Power Distribution Box under the hood (I assume thats what you meant by "smart junction box"). My Ford parts guy says these are NOT the flasher(s) I'm looking for - simply relays - and came up with the same part number you did for the flasher unit.
I now have a graphic of the OEM flasher. It is a cube shape with a mounting tang on one side. This leads me to believe that it plugs into the wiring harness (rather than into a box) and is attached to the chassis somewhere with a plastic anchor.
More explorations of the fuse box, power dist box and under the dash have come up empty... Except to say that I got the instrument cluster loose enough to feel behind it. I can definitely feel a clicking inside the the back of the cluster pod, but am uncertain whether its the flasher or just a sound generator that makes the clicking sound (along with the ignition chime [original post]). I'm not convinced it is worth taking the dash apart to remove the instrument cluster pod so I can open it and find out.
Even the parts guy at Ford has no idea where the flasher is located. He also said there were no references or graphics on his computer as to the location, or whether or not there is a HD version for the additional load of trailer lights.
Ugh!
Still searching...
(I'm beginning to think it would be easier to replace the trailer lights w/ LEDs eliminating the need for a heavier flasher!)

Last edited by JJRamCHS; 03-01-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:37 PM

The 2010 E-series uses the smart junction box SJB to operate the t/s's electronically. You are correct in the fact that the IPC Instrument Panel Cluster is a tone generator. The SJB flashes the T/S lamps at 80 flashes per minute when front and rear lamps operate correctly, 160 times per minute if it detects a bulb failure, warning the operator of a failure. This bulb outage feature is configurable in the SJB module, if the vehicle is modified from the oem incandescent bulbs to LEDs the module will activate the bulb outage feature, flashing the t/s's at 160. I personnally have not reconfigured an E-seies but have done so on the Super Duties, for customers that replaced rear lamps with LEDs. I would recommend if you are adding trailer lamps to the system I would wire separate circuits thru fuses and relays or use LEDs on the trailer to lower the amperage load. The draw back of the latter is it can be difficult to locate an intermittent short with truck and trailer on the same circuit, and the fact that you will loose all of your rear lamps if the fuse blows.

Old 08-10-2021, 10:26 PM

I guess i'm searching for a flasher that does not exist. My 2010 e 250 , turn signals speed up when I step on the brake ,any help appreciated. MoMo9