Ford Edge This new crossover combines the economy of a compact car with the interior size and capabilities of an SUV.

Ford Fiesta Mk7 (2008 on) 1.4 TDCi Oil leak

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 07:11 PM
Default Ford Fiesta Mk7 (2008 on) 1.4 TDCi Oil leak

hi all can anyone help me please ,we
have a Ford Fiesta Mk7 edge (2010 on a 60 plate .can you tell me what is covered under the ford warranty the car as done 43000 miles the other day we discovered a noise coming from under the bonnet they have said it’s the fuel lines they are making a hissing type noise that can be heared in the car they have agreed to get this done .now today there was a drop of oil on the drive way on inspection the sump looks covered in oil I checked the oil filter above for leaks and it don't look like its coming from there its some oil present by the filter housing but its old and dry from previous oil changes on further inspection the oil looks like it very wide spread along the sump with some screws showing signs of dripping oil on them and the oil looks fresh and some is dripping on the exhaust below the sump .also i have other possible issues the engine vibrates back and forth as if an engine mount is wearing or something that would cause this , and the alternator bearing is making a noise but not failed yet ,what we need to know as the car came with 3 years warranty should all of these be covered the car as only done 43000 miles which I would consider to be low mileage .i am disappointed as we paid over £7499 for it about 2 months ago and it’s been in to fords for a few minor problems fair play they have sorted out other jobs but i am thinking why is the car showing trouble so soon as it is only 2 half years old .other to the problems the car drives ok