Ford Escape The newest smaller SUV from Ford allows the buyer to have the use of an SUV without the hunger for fuel that so many SUVs display.

2008 Heating/Air Conditioning temps & fan not working

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 11:04 AM
Default 2008 Heating/Air Conditioning temps & fan not working

Hi All,

This past summer, my heating and air conditioning began acting up. I have a choice of 3 temps now; really hot, really cold and outside air. At about the same time, the first two settings on my fan stopped working. So now I can get the three temps on almost full blast and full blast.

Has anyone else had this problem &/or figured out the cause?

This is a 2008 XLT.

Old 04-03-2016, 09:14 AM
Default Blower Resistors

So after some scouting around, think I may know what the fan and air problems are. One is easy to fix, the other may require tools and know how I don't have.

The fan issue appears to be the "motor blower resistor". Digging around on youtube, found several how to videos and the part appears to be between $25-$30 and a simple do it yourself repair.

The heating/cooling issue may be the "blower door actuator" which while not difficult, requires taking apart the dash and possibly pulling the air bag. I'm not up to messing with either. But if you want to see

Old 04-14-2016, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by circulating
So after some scouting around, think I may know what the fan and air problems are. One is easy to fix, the other may require tools and know how I don't have.

The fan issue appears to be the "motor blower resistor". Digging around on youtube, found several how to videos and the part appears to be between $25-$30 and a simple do it yourself repair. Replacing a Ford Escape Blower Resistor - YouTube

The heating/cooling issue may be the "blower door actuator" which while not difficult, requires taking apart the dash and possibly pulling the air bag. I'm not up to messing with either. But if you want to see 2008 Ford Escape Blend Door Actuator replacement - YouTube
Its really a great post and helpful to me too. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Old 04-23-2016, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by circulating
Hi All,

This past summer, my heating and air conditioning began acting up. I have a choice of 3 temps now; really hot, really cold and outside air. At about the same time, the first two settings on my fan stopped working. So now I can get the three temps on almost full blast and full blast.

Has anyone else had this problem &/or figured out the cause?

This is a 2008 XLT.
I had this exact same issue on my 2011 Tribute and it was indeed the blower resistor.