2018 Escape RS Engine Swap?? - Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners

Ford Escape The newest smaller SUV from Ford allows the buyer to have the use of an SUV without the hunger for fuel that so many SUVs display.

Old 01-11-2018, 12:45 PM

Lightbulb 2018 Escape RS Engine Swap??

Hooned the crap out of my friend's new '17 Focus RS, and now I'm in love.
--Due to some constraints with work, I'm limited to something with more ground clearance...
I can't wait for Ford to (nor am I optimistic that it will) come out with an Escape RS.

SO: does anyone have intimate knowledge of the '18 Escape's drivetrain, and know if it could be swapped with the RS's 2.3L Ecoboost drivetrain?
Is this possible without a ridiculously tedious reengineering of the Escape?

Can you think of a shop that might be interested in helping me make this dream come true?
I think this vehicle would not just blow people's minds, but make a serious splash in the tuning scene. Would be HUGE publicity for the shop.
I'm sure people search "Escape RS" on google 100's of times a day...

I'd ideally buy the engine and transmission components for the RS and swap them into a brand new 2018 Escape. However, I'm not sold on the transmission-back drivetrain for this particular application... thinking something along the lines of a manually adjustable center diff coupled with a Truetrack rear diff (although I don't believe there is much you can change with the RS transmission, and am open to other trans ideas).