Ford Escape The newest smaller SUV from Ford allows the buyer to have the use of an SUV without the hunger for fuel that so many SUVs display.

Ford wants their rebate money back help!

Old 11-26-2018, 04:15 PM
Default Ford wants their rebate money back help!

Hello folks! I have an interesting story here.
I have two cars to replace. I went to my local award winning ford dealership and traded in my wifes car for a new 2018 Ford Escape. Shes 9mo pregnant so I wanted at least one reliable car. I'm not new to buying new cars, but the process is so exhausting and full of half-truths I hate it..

Some mild complains: I am a D plan buyer but the dealer wouldn't initially sell me under D plan telling me it was more expensive. I had to argue over two days to get the D plan pricing then they reduced their offer on the trade in. Normally I would have walked but it was still more for the trade-in than I expected. They also told me weird things like ford no longer offers a bumper to bumper warranty and I have to buy a 3rd party warranty. I told them heck no and showed them the warranty from ford's website and said I was good with that. They also tried to get me to sign the hand written agreement of price which I refused. Whatever.

Here is the real issue:
Ford Dealer said I qualified for Military and First Responder rebates (got me to the price I was willing to pay). They said if I qualify for military, first responder is automatically included. I am a Military contractor with military ID (contractor). They had me sign up on ID.me and I told them I didn't have the normal paperwork for an enlisted. I had only my ID and an EMAIL. I could not complete the ID.me, site was failing to load my email to get them everything they wanted. They told me to try again at home and all was ok otherwise and I could buy the car with all rebates.

After signing for everything, getting the crazy interest rate from Ford Credit to qualify for the $1000 off. I was on my way and my wife has a new car.
Holiday weekend, by Sunday I had tried to complete ID.me and it failed this time stating they do not accept contractors (I'm not and never advertised as such. They even took my contractor ID). Now they want me to cut them a check for $1000. I told them I'd rather give them back the car they told me no and I need to come up with $1000 cash.

Ideas here? Anyone work for Ford Financing? What happens when they give you more rebates than you are entitled to, to get you to buy a car knowing they can revoke the rebates at any time?
This sounds more shady than the shady I'm used to dealing with (see above).

Search this Thread