Ford Escape The newest smaller SUV from Ford allows the buyer to have the use of an SUV without the hunger for fuel that so many SUVs display.

Lemon Escape

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 12:58 AM
Default Lemon Escape

Ok guys my Mom about six months ago traded in her 1998 ford explorer for a 2006 escape limited with the V6 and auto tranny. We traded the explorer one because it was getting old and hihg mileage and two the door locks were working very poorly. She works nights at a nursing home in the bad part of town and it just isn't good to have a car that is getting old and also sometimes wouldnt unlock for her. So we bought the 06 and she absolutely loved the car. nice and small for driving ease plenty of get up and go for her needs and was very comfortable on the inside. That is until it started this. Now the locks/alarm work and do not work off and on. funny no got rid of the car for the same reason. Sometimes it won't unlock sometimes it won't lock. Sometimes the alarm goes off when you press the unlock or lock button. It is very spuratic. now with the old explorer we had certain issues with the dealer and getting things fixed or lack of fixing we had other probs with the explorer that the dealer could never figure out the problem since the car would not idle properly. THey always would clean out injectors something like that I can't remember 100% but it always would happen again maybe months away but it would happen again. Well once the car went out of warranty and it went in once the list of problems that caused the idle issue was long and costly. sort of ironic out of warranty now needs 2k worth of parts/labor. So we said screw you guys we wil deal with the idle ourselves. It would stall out occasionally when in parking lots but nothing we coulnt deal with. SO we decided now that with this new escape we arnt going to take any of this can't find problem bull **** from the dealer. They have tried to fix it twice to no avail. In pennsylvania the lemon law is three times and then we can claim it a lemon and get a replacement or a refund. What do you guys know about the lemon law how hard is it to get this taken care of also any ideas on why this friggin car is not unlocking/ locking. I already tore into the service guys on the phone about this is garbage you can't find the problem and that you can't get the car in until next week. The dealer knows that if this car isn't fixed this time we will go down the road of lemon car. We have a good lawyer and to tell the truth i am disgusted with ford. personally never liked their SUV's. We only gave ford a second chance because of how well my truck has done for me 93 f150 xlt 300 I6 5 spd overdrive tranny 190k miles with no problems so far and my dads a 98 f150 xlt. Now with what this escape is doing i'm thinking we made a 25k dollar mistake.

Old 11-29-2006, 01:26 AM
Default RE: Lemon Escape

Rake them accross the coal IMO. By the way it does'nt surprise me that ,"We only gave ford a second chance because of how well my truck has done for me 93 f150 xlt 300 I6 5 spd overdrive tranny 190k miles with no problems so far and my dads a 98 f150 xlt. " Your truck has the most reliable powerplant backed by a reliable transmission hard to go wrong with that combo.

Old 11-29-2006, 01:56 AM

I know i absolutely love my pickup truck its a regular cab short bed with all the chrome that i think ford offered. It's definately my baby. Only a few minor probs with that. blew a clutch at 145k miles not a big deal. Other than that its all been just maintence keeping her healthy. I even have the window sticker from when my dad bought it back in the day.

back to the escape. yea we are definately going to not let them get the better of us. Hopefully they offer a replacement escape or a refund without having to go to court. I'm hoping that by being represented by a lawyer that will help avoid a court thing. I don't really care though cuz if i have to drive into the middle of the city at midnight to pick up my mom who is scared ****less cuz she can't get in her car i'm gonna take that god forsaken car and shove it up someones ***. I was on the phone with them earlier yesterday and they had told her "sory can't get it in till next thursday" well bull ****. you can get it in sooner than that cuz this is most definatley a safety issue that must be addressed. So they say call back tommorow we will see what they can do. I call back today they say sorry can't do any better now the best is next friday because they cancelled the thursday appointment to find something better and filled it so i have to wait longer. Well I literally went ape****. I'm calling ford motor tommorow and going to try to be nice but if i get one response that tweaks me. i don't even want to think how mad i'm gonna get. I mean this is a 25 thousand dollar car a top of the line escape with every option practicaly you can get. and if it isn't going to work then we have a serious problem here. I expect all but perfection out of a brand new car.

Old 11-30-2006, 02:34 AM

Well, you really need to try and not blow an artery over it though. Just because they are being asses, don't let them screw with your blood pressure. Start taking good notes and recording conversations whenever possible.

Old 12-06-2006, 04:32 AM

Have you tried to take it to another dealer? Say, a Mercury or Lincoln dealer? (Mercury Mariner is the same car). I work at a Mercury dealer here in Florida, and we warranty anything Ford, Lincoln and Mercury. At the local Ford dealer, they also warranty Lincoln and Mercury's even though they don't sell them. Too bad GM isn't this way. Maybe you're taking it to the same retards over and over is what the problem is. Mechanics don't grow brains overnight. Maybe that dealer has a bunch of flunkies working for them. Take it somewhere else IMO, and don't tell them you already had it somewhere else. Let them start on it from a clean slate. You might be suprised......

Old 12-16-2006, 11:39 PM

Well I have good news to deliver teh car has been fixed. I;m still mad it took them three times to fix it but they came to the conclusion that the actuator that unlocks the door was not functioning properly. So they replaced and so far so good. Still i would have thougth an actuator would have been something they woudl have replaced right away. Personally I think telling them this was their last chance before lemon law seemed to get them in gear. I'm just glad my mom has a car that is functioning properly the way it should

Old 12-17-2006, 04:51 AM

That's great news, Ben! I hope your momdidn't have to pay the attorney any money - you did say "we have a good lawyer". If so, I hope your mom recouped her attorney's fees also, if any. I see that you continued to contact Ford, so it appears there was no attorney involvement in the process or outcome, but was just wondering.

Old 02-01-2007, 06:38 PM

O no no
this lawyer has been a friend of our family for quite some time and helped us on a few occasions with car accidents and the other insurance company not wanting to pay. He has done good for us everytime and we have avoided court each time. My dad gave him a call and he basically told us what to take records of and what not and if they don't fix it then we give him a call and start the lemon law procedure.

Still more electrical glitches. Lights flashign on and off the DIC said a compass module is out. It's all fixed but i dought it'll be too long before something breaks.

And the F150 is still running like a champ. just broke 200k miles today took a pick on my cell phone when it happend (i pulled over first so nooo flaming on that). And i have been talking to the local 4x4 shop about lifting her up and getting a regear (has 3.08's stock from factory) Not much of a lift jsut enough to fit a 35" tire and some new rims and possible an exhaust. Just to make it look a little more aggressive. Thinking 35's and 4.11 gears or 4.56.

Old 07-04-2007, 05:09 PM

Ben,Just one question,what tires came on your escape,and did you have any probblems with them,such as inside wear or alignment issues?

Old 08-30-2007, 10:09 PM

My '02 Escape XLT came with Continentals. However, even with a good rotate/balance schedule, I still had 'cupping'. At 90k miles I bought Goodyear Wranglers all the way around, because they were a bit meatier. Unfortunately, I've got the 'cupping' again. I ordered my Escape with only front wheel drive, but by 125khave still had to replace the struts, stabilizer bar, bushings, brakes, and one round of tires.....still have a bit of a rough ride on the suspension. A friend of mine had an '04 and had the exact same experiences. So, I'm just thinking that the Escape may not have the best suspension design.

Quick Reply: Lemon Escape