Ford Escape The newest smaller SUV from Ford allows the buyer to have the use of an SUV without the hunger for fuel that so many SUVs display.

Power and Idle issues...

Old 05-23-2011, 08:50 PM
Default Power and Idle issues...

I have a 2002 Ford Escape, 2wd with the v6. It has just over 100,000 miles on it, and I just replaced the spark plugs.

The problem is when I have the blower on high and the headlights on, and I rev it up to 4,000 rpm, the blower dies down, the headlights dim, and the charge light comes on faintly.

Also, when I am in neutral and I rev the engine up say to 4,000 rpm, it hangs out where I stopped revving it, and then it comes down very very slowly, like 20-30 seconds to get back to idle.

I had the alternator and battery tested at Auto-zone, and the tester said the alternator is fine, battery is bad. I had them put in a new battery (even though it starts just fine) thinking when the alternator gets to a high rpm the battery needs to put out more maybe? and it still does the exact same thing.

Help!

Old 06-05-2011, 12:58 PM

2005 Escape - When you punch it to get into traffic the battery light comes on. Extedned idling battery light comes on and elecctrical systems start to shut down - anti lock brakes, fan speed, radio - start driving and they turn back on. Replacing the alternator, again. Using new this time (3rd one). No Reman for a while. If you are replacing it yourself - it's at the rear of the engine passenger side at the bottom. You get at it through the wheel well and then have to bring it up and out through the back of the engine compartment. Take the time to remove wire harnesses and vacuum crap in it's path before you pull it up - also use thin rope through a bolt hole so you have something to pull it up and tie it off when it gets stuck. Good Luck!

Old 06-15-2011, 10:32 AM

The Ford Fiesta is a super mini car built by Ford Europe, a subordinate of Ford Motor Company. The Fiesta was created in the early 1970s when the Europeans demand for super minis was fast rising. At that time, Ford needed a small car to compete in this rising market. The car’s name Fiesta was owned by General Motors at the time, but to an unknown reason they have given it to Ford. Then the new Ford Fiesta was unleashed in late 1975.