Ford Excursion So the size of the Expedition is not enough for you, then the massive Excursion is the way to go. With options including a powerful diesel engine, the Excursion is like a tractor trailer built for family use.

05 X

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 08:49 PM
Default 05 X

I will be putting a chip in my new 05 deisel x any suggestion on the best one for the money. I pull the 4,000 ft mountains a lot and hoping to get little better mpg. Also will be putting on bigger exhaust from the header back where can get the complete system from one vender??? Thanks

Old 01-28-2006, 09:00 PM
Default RE: 05 X

yes one suggestion is dont because you will have just cancelled your own warranty

Old 01-29-2006, 04:54 PM

Ford warranty what a joke

Old 01-29-2006, 10:20 PM

it might be a joke but its true any it would not matter what make you drive they all have the same thought about chips ,,,did you know there coming out with a 6.4 dual turbo,

Old 02-09-2006, 08:54 PM

If your a simply looking for more power and doing so without hurting you engine, look into something from www.bankspower.com There stuff is a bit more pricey than others, but like with anything else, you get what you pay for. There stuff is safe and will not damage your engine like simply adding a high hp chip/programmer will. I price isn't a factor, I would recommend there big hoss bundle. I have installed 3 of them on f-350 trucks and have had nothing but excellent results and actually better fuel milleage than stock.

I would not use a basic chip/programmer by itself. Being you have a 6.0L, if you want to do it right and keep it safe, the banks stuff is the only way to go. They actually do the research and will not sell a product that will cause damage. Any clown can burn high hp chips or make high hp programmers. There is a reason that banks has been along so much longer than any of the other companies making performance diesel products. Do a little research on them, they have done more with diesels and for much longer than any of the many backyard companies offering the big number chips/programmers that are available today.