Ford Excursion So the size of the Expedition is not enough for you, then the massive Excursion is the way to go. With options including a powerful diesel engine, the Excursion is like a tractor trailer built for family use.

2000 excursion, mirrors, seat & tailgate issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 08:26 PM
Question 2000 excursion, mirrors, seat & tailgate issues

I have a few issues w/2000 excursion recently and am looking for some ideas or advice on any solutions. I'd rather try to fix it myself or get hubby to do it, then pay a fortune for a mechanic.

*I bought my Excursion in 2004, have not had any major problems or issues besides the following recent issues. I love this truck and everything about it!

1) Side mirrors move everywhere but where you want them to, so I have to manually fix them if adjustments are needed?

2) Drivers side seat warmer, doesn't work amymore either, light goes on but no heat.

3) Tailgate won't lock at all.....not with door switch or remote and when I try to use my key to manually lock, it only goes in halfway (like something a key was broke off) but I only ever had 1 key and it ain't mine

* I had a thought about the side mirrors and heated seat problems.......is it possible for water to get down inside the switch panel area (if window is down and some rain comes in) and short these power buttons? Seems like problems are concetrated more on right side of truck...just throwing it out there is all.

Thanks BobbySue

Old 03-10-2010, 08:35 PM
Arrow Forgot to add these 2 issues

Front passenger side wheel squeaks, not all the time, but alot.

And sometimes when I stop it sounds like the brakes are grinding or something, you can feel it inside the truck and hear it. It didnt always do this and it bothers me.

My husband and mechanic dont see a problem with it but I do if it didn't always occur.

Thanks