Ford Expedition The Expedition provides the feel of a full size truck with the seating of a large SUV.

2007 EB Expedition - Electrical?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 03:50 PM
Default 2007 EB Expedition - Electrical?

We purchased a 2007 Eddie Bauer Expedition in July. And I love this vehicle. The look, how it rides, everything about it!This is one sharp looking vehicle! My experience buying this vehicle was awesome. The sale went great, couldn't be happier. Not so sure about the service department. So now my problem...I thinkmy Exphas a gremlin! It's been back to the dealer now 3 times and they can notfigure out what's wrong with it since, of course, it doesn't happen for them. (We also have some wind noise on the driver's side and they haven't figured that one out either. They've ordered us a new mirror.They claim it's mirror noise. I don't think the mirror is the problem either.) Hopefully, someone here has had some similar problems and I can tell THEM (the dealer) what's wrong. These things don't happen all the time, just at random.These are a few that I have noticed so far. As my gremlin moves, I may be posting more.

1) CD Player has a mind of it's own.Turned the engineon and the CD player is rotating, looking for a CD. There are no CD's in the player.We hadn'tused the CD player yet, we were still into the satellite radio and DVD's.
2)DVD player came on when I shut the engine off. I actually ended up getting into the 2nd row seat looking for a power button to turn it off. No DVD in the player. Now remember, I shut the engine OFF and opened my door to get to the 2nd row seat...everything should have ceased working when I opened the door.
3) And, oh my, the A/C.Doesn't matter how slow or fast you are going ithas turned off and right back on. This has happened 3 or 4 times.Except today, the A/C would NOT turn off. I always turn the A/C off before shutting the engine off. I pressed the off button, 'Auto' light goes out, but the A/C fan is blowing on high. I went ahead and turned the engine off and when I started it up, all was good. Go figure!!

So if anyone has had any weird things happen to them and had them resolved or any ideas, I would like to hear from you. Thanks!