Ford Expedition The Expedition provides the feel of a full size truck with the seating of a large SUV.

2010 Ford Expedition Transmission Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 07:50 PM
Default 2010 Ford Expedition Transmission Problem

My vehicle is slow to downshift. At 45mph, and 1200rpm, my car requires EXCESSIVE throttle pressure.

At steady speeds, in any gear, when the vehicle encounters an incline the transmission feels as if it slips and shudders and vibrates.

I already brought my car to the Ford dealership, they made an adjusment to the computer based upon a information bulletin. They say that everything is correct with the car, however it should most definitely not be shifting/acting in this manner.

Does anyone else have this problem? Any ideas?

btw, it is a Ford Expedition 2010 Eddie Bauer edition.

Old 11-01-2010, 09:20 PM

I assume you are getting the action when climbing a hill. Mine happens at 25-39 miles when it's kind of cruising in 2nd and then can't decide. You give it a little gas and it will screech. If you have the same issue it will begin to screech when it gets about 20K.

They redid my computer. But couldn't get it to make any noise. Took it back when I figured out how to consistently get it to make the noise. Interestingly they just had another one in, (same year, make, color) doing the exact same thing. Last week they pulled the transmission. Supposedly the "twin" is fixed per it's owners. They are suppose to work on mine next week. Love how this Expy drives and rides, but am very scared that I have a problem transmission. Previously had a 00 Eddie Bauer and it's the first time I've replaced with the same vehicle. Ordered an 08 Limited and and took possession in Dec 07, so I am also running out of time on my warranty.