Ford Expedition The Expedition provides the feel of a full size truck with the seating of a large SUV.

Engine starts, then shuts off immediately

Old 02-06-2006, 01:30 PM
Default Engine starts, then shuts off immediately

This post is for anyone who may have the problem of their engine shutting off immediately after startup. I just fixed the problem on my 98 Expedition. It was the hose that hooks up to the intake manifold just below the Idle Air Control (IAC) valve/solenoid. Mine came loose when I "bumped" my starter & had a slight misfire. The backpressure was enough to pop the hose off the connection. I re-connected the hose and the engine fired up just as it has before. I hope this will be of some help to someone.

Old 10-10-2021, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by vmkrampitz
This post is for anyone who may have the problem of their engine shutting off immediately after startup. I just fixed the problem on my 98 Expedition. It was the hose that hooks up to the intake manifold just below the Idle Air Control (IAC) valve/solenoid. Mine came loose when I "bumped" my starter & had a slight misfire. The backpressure was enough to pop the hose off the connection. I re-connected the hose and the engine fired up just as it has before. I hope this will be of some help to someone.
I have the same prob but I don't know where that hose goes connected to the one below the iac valve goes from there to where kuz it's like two hoses of one plug hope u can help me btw it's a 2000 ford expedition