Ford Explorer This long running SUV has stood tough against the barrage of new entries into the mid sized SUV market, and with a variety of engine sizes and trim lines, the Exploder offers something for everyone.

2013 Explorer limited Coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 10:45 AM
Default 2013 Explorer limited Coilovers?

Whats up guys....and ladies,,,, Im looking to lower my fiances 2013 Charcoal Grey Explorer limited. About 12-15 years ago i had a civic ( haha... yea i know) that i had slammed with some cheap coilovers from the local car shop.... Ive grown up ( some) and id like to remove the wheel gap without compromising the current ride of the vehicle ( if thats possible?)
Would like to know your recommendations... Im honestly not mechanically inclined, so part names and what they do is like speaking chinese..... Im pretty sure Coilovers are everything in 1 ( spring & shock with the option to lower or raise the truck?) And if i went with just springs it will just lower it and thats it.... is that right?

Anyway, id like to be able to remove the wheel gap, possibly go a tad lower and also be able raise it back up if needed without compromising the comfort of the ride.. We. Currently have the stock 20'' rims that i may have powder coated ( if you wanna throw info on that as well thats cool... pro & cons)

I dont wanna say money isnt an issue, but im not looking for some cheap no name ebay coil overs. If you could add links to what product you recommend that would be great!

i also have an 07 Charcoal Grey F150 with a leveling kit and 33s, intake, exhaust, tint, system blah blah..... ok, maybe i haven't grown up LOL....

Your time and knowledge is much appreciated!

Matt