Ford Explorer This long running SUV has stood tough against the barrage of new entries into the mid sized SUV market, and with a variety of engine sizes and trim lines, the Exploder offers something for everyone.

I'm a little lost need help what to do on a wiring harness!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2020, 02:39 AM
Question I'm a little lost need help what to do on a wiring harness!!!!!

This is my first post on here.

I'm a little lost on what to do next.

I have 2001 Ford Explorer XLT 4.0 SOHC 4x4

It was a Automatic transmission. I couldn’t find a good transmission to back as a automatic. So I brought a 2003 Ford ranger with the same run stuff. Just a 5 Speed transmission. I did the swap and everything work good. Just for the PCM reading as the Automatic I know I need to do the wiring harness change to. But I want to see if the 5 speed transmission was worth change over first. Yes, it was it run better as a 5 speed then the Automatic did.

So here I go ready to change the motor wiring harness over on the motor and the transmission. I know it will be different because my old harness was for a automatic transmission. But I notice the Ranger wiring harness is different on the fuse box side and in the cab harness also. Now am little worry what to do now. I don’t know to change the hole wiring harness in my explorer or what! Now am asking for some help to what to do now.

Any help would be nice….

Here is my problem am having and the point am stuck at now.

Yes, I have the PCM for the wiring harness and for the 5 speed transmission.

The wiring harness number out of the Ranger is 12B637 harness and the plug
to the PCM is C175 Gray plug.
The plug C110 plug I have the runs to the other plug that is C115 plug to the fuse box.

Now the Explorer Wiring harness am not sure the number on it. Because I can’t find the ID tag on it.
But the plug is C115 on it from the motor to the fuse box and that’s where I did find the wiring was different then my new wiring harness from the Ranger.

That’s my big problem am having on what to do next? So any help from you all would be nice!