Ford Explorer This long running SUV has stood tough against the barrage of new entries into the mid sized SUV market, and with a variety of engine sizes and trim lines, the Exploder offers something for everyone.

Message Center Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 04:06 AM
Default Message Center Problem

the Digital Message Center Display on my dashboard seems really dim. it's next to impossible to see it in the daytime.
I can see it at night just fine.
it does dim even more when you turn the parking lights on.
anyone know if theres some resistor or something simple that could be causing this problem. theres no problems with any of the actual gauges or anything else that might indicate a bad ground or something.
Just figured i'd ask if anyone else has had this problem and fixed it, before I decide to rip my dash out and mess with it until it'sreallybroken:-/ and I have to find a used entire dash assembly.
Thanks for any information or suggestions

Old 03-10-2007, 06:02 PM
Default RE: Message Center Problem

Most vehicles have a variable switch to turn the brightness up and down. Some had it as part of the headlight switch others had it located right beside on a wheel-like lighting control.

Old 03-10-2007, 09:46 PM
Default RE: Message Center Problem

yep and it dims the rest of my dash lights just fine. the message center display only has it's 2 brightnesses. the daytime brightness and the dimmer version when i turn the parking lights on. it's just so dim in the day you can't hardly see it.
I'm sure it should be bright enough to see in the daylight. my wifes dodge caravan display is plenty bright enough to see and the chevy blazer I looked at is also.
maybe i'll get ambitious and rip my dash out and see if theres some other kind of backlight on it. I'll post back what I find out.
Thanks for the reply
although the florescent displays i've never known to have a backlight.

Old 06-13-2010, 10:26 AM

did you rip out the dash? did you fix your problem? If so , how?

Old 10-02-2010, 08:26 AM
Smile Ford message center

I have a ford fusion and my message center does not come on at all. However, when i put the key in the ignition and turn the key it works, but as soon as i crank the car up it goes away. Can anyone tell me what to do?