Ford Explorer This long running SUV has stood tough against the barrage of new entries into the mid sized SUV market, and with a variety of engine sizes and trim lines, the Exploder offers something for everyone.

Watch Out For This Dealer, Stadium Ford, Rutherford, NJ

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 04:34 AM
Default Watch Out For This Dealer, Stadium Ford, Rutherford, NJ

Here is one for the record books.

I have a 2005 Ford Explorer, which I have always taken for service at Staten Island Ford. The vehicle was due for the 30,000 mile maintnenance. My job transferred me to Carlstadt NJ, and I found out there is a Ford Dealer not to far from me in NJ, Stadium Ford in Rutherford. I called and ask if they could do the maintenance, spoke with a guy named Frank in service, and he told me that I could bring my truck there.

So I came in, meet Frank, saw the shop and was very impressed. So I went to work, and then received a call from Frank. He told me that my brakes needed to be changed, of which I told him to go ahead and replace the pads. The he calls me up again and tells me that there is a crack in the transfer case of the truck. I asked him how that could have happened, and he told me that he did not know. I asked him if this would be covered under my warrenty, and he said that this "Crack" is a result of someone over tightening the plug where the fluid is check and is not covered. The cost to repair was $1500.00. I then called up Ford Headquarters, and found out that there is a TSB (Techinical Service Bulletin) about the transfer case developing cracks at drain plug.

I called back Frank and gave him the number for the TSB and then he told me that he would change the transfer case under warrenty. This guy or the service manager should have known that this crack was covered under my repair contract. I also called the service manager at Island Ford, and he told me that this guy at Stadium Ford was trying to SCAM me into paying for a new transfer case, then submitting the repair to Ford, and getting paid twice.

I now come to pick up my truck and when I start it up, my fuel gauge does not work and the check engine light is on. I went back to Frank before leaving the dealer and he had a mechanic check it out. After a 1/2 hour wait he now tells me that there is a computer problem and he will order the part and make the repair. Now mind you, there was nothing wrong with the truck before I brought it to Stadium. This dealer is a scammer and I would highly reccomend that you never bring in anything to be fixed at this dealership. It is true what they say that the grass is not greener, and I will never let anyone touch my truck again except Island Ford.