Ford F-150 The entry level full size truck from Ford, one of America's best selling for decades.

1993 Ford f150 4.9l 300inline. No start!

Old 01-18-2019, 10:39 PM
Default 1993 Ford f150 4.9l 300inline. No start!

Hi so this is actually my second time posting i believe. I want to walk you threw my situation. A week ago i turned my truck around and when i did it just died no hesitation nothing just dead. So i tried firing still nothing. Well i did some testing and thought that my fuek pump went out so i replaced my fuel pump. After replacing i checked the relays and fuses. Had 2 fuses blown relay seemed on was opening and closing. At this point im stumped so i went ahead and replaced the relay fuses and the icm. Still nothing everything cranks healthy but no start. I then pull my computer and inspect well didnt take long! I had a compositor explode it literly caught fire. So when i replaced the computer it fired up for about 10 seconds ran rough then died again. From here then checked the inertia switch. It was tripped reset and then cranked it. Still nothing. So i tested everything possible come to find my ground wire that ran to the back fuel tank was completely melted had to replace all the wire back to the front fuel tank. And after replacing the wire. And reinstalled everything(new fuses, and the inertia switch. I fired it up started like a charm. Rsn for about 39 seconds like it is supposed to and died wouldnt fire back over. We habe tried finding a way to bypas the switch. Because i had 12 volts to the fuel pump before it ran for 30 seconds. Im not for sure what i have now it got dark. It had burnt the connector on the inertia switch as well as the tank selecter. Idk how to test the selecter it seems as if it is transferring from tsnk to tank. Im in desprite need we are trying to sell the truck and need to get this done by tuesday. Ive posted on alot of other forums and no response. If anyonr had any idea or knowledge please send it my way. I have even went ad far as i want to find my wires from the relay and ecm and splice in with new ground and power waires and run my own system back completely bypassing the inertia switch. Also my inertia switch has 3 wires ive found that the small of the 3 is the tsnk selecter on the cluster. Im rambling i hope someone can help ill even accept phone calls at this time. Thanks in advancd and may God bless