Ford F-150 The entry level full size truck from Ford, one of America's best selling for decades.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 F150 Cruise Control

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 03:18 PM

Well.......My cruise is working. Took it to University Ford of Durham, NC. 10 minutes later and $50.00 and I am cruising. Nothing special according to the tech. He said he does it a couple times a year. Have no fear. Get it done!

Old 09-01-2012, 07:25 AM

persistance pays- congrats!

yeah much simpler than what they make it out to be, &it's now becoming apparent why most of us found so many dealers discouraging or outright refusing this request, even with step by step instructions printed out for them. Especially obvious looking back now, that all the ones in the houston metro area refused, yet 3/3 cooperation from dealers out in the sticks (/conspiracy theorist)!

Old 09-02-2012, 01:09 AM

Butopia,
You said you got your wheel off of ebay right? I can't seem to locate one there anymore. Did you still want to sell it? lol. I am going to print off those instructions and take a trip down to the dealership and talk to the shop foreman about it instead of the service guys.

Old 09-02-2012, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by Jack2of3
Well.......My cruise is working. Took it to University Ford of Durham, NC. 10 minutes later and $50.00 and I am cruising. Nothing special according to the tech. He said he does it a couple times a year. Have no fear. Get it done!
Durham, NC? Man... I miss living in Raleigh NC sometimes. lol

Old 09-02-2012, 12:33 PM

[QUOTE=rbrothers;74016]Butopia,
You said you got your wheel off of ebay right? I can't seem to locate one there anymore. Did you still want to sell it? lol. QUOTE]

Yep maybe. If so I'll sell it for what I paid plus shipping UPS. Let me try to go to a ford dealer in the sticks and see if I can get this done. Very frustrating.....

The instructions for the 2010 F-150 are NOT in the library of documents at the Cruise Control Store.

Old 09-29-2012, 06:20 PM
Default Jordan Ford, San Antonio Texas

Great news! I spoke with the shop foreman, the service manager, and the service technician. They all got together and agreed that the cruise control can be installed in the F150 by installing the new steering wheel AND programming the PCM.

They quoted me $363 for the steering wheel with cruise control or $78 for the steering wheel controls (have to install it into the steering wheel yourself).

They told me I can either get my own steering wheel, install it myself or they can install it for me. They said they have the programming instructions and do not need to contact that cruise control place. The cost to program it is $90.

I am going to make an appointment next weekend and see about getting my hands on a steering wheel that is not $300 and or attempt to cut the spot where the crusie control controls go on the steering wheel. I would prefer to have the steering wheel though... May have to check out some salvage yards now.

Jordan Ford
I-35
San Antonio, TX
Service Manager - Mike
Service Technician - Jonathan
Service Foreman - I forgot his name...

Old 09-30-2012, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by rbrothers
Great news! I spoke with the shop foreman, the service manager, and the service technician. They all got together and agreed that the cruise control can be installed in the F150 by installing the new steering wheel AND programming the PCM.

They quoted me $363 for the steering wheel with cruise control or $78 for the steering wheel controls (have to install it into the steering wheel yourself).

They told me I can either get my own steering wheel, install it myself or they can install it for me. They said they have the programming instructions and do not need to contact that cruise control place. The cost to program it is $90.

I am going to make an appointment next weekend and see about getting my hands on a steering wheel that is not $300 and or attempt to cut the spot where the crusie control controls go on the steering wheel. I would prefer to have the steering wheel though... May have to check out some salvage yards now.

Jordan Ford
I-35
San Antonio, TX
Service Manager - Mike
Service Technician - Jonathan
Service Foreman - I forgot his name...
Congrats!

FYi you don't have to cut the spots out; they will just replace the existing dummy buttons, which pop right out!

Old 09-30-2012, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by rbrothers
They all got together and agreed that the cruise control can be installed in the F150 by installing the new steering wheel AND programming the PCM. The cost to program it is $90.

COOL! Jordan is close enough for me and that is a reasonable price. Let us know how it goes.

FINALLY after 2 years I might get cruise....... Will be great on those long trips to West Texas on I-10 with the 80 MPH speed limit.

Old 10-01-2012, 12:13 AM

I ordered a 2009 F150 Steering Wheel with the cruise control. Found it used on ebay for $50. Should be arriving on Friday. That gives me time to change the wheel out Friday night and then Saturday morning bring it in for the programming. I may record the change out process and upload it to youtube for you guys. I didn't see anything for the 2010 F150 wheel change out.

Old 10-01-2012, 12:17 AM

Hopefully this will bring a close to this thread. lol. butopia, when did I first start it? Wasn't it in 2010?

Quick Reply: 2010 F150 Cruise Control