Ford F-150 The entry level full size truck from Ford, one of America's best selling for decades.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ac problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 10:55 PM
Default ac problem

05 f15o crew cab ac doesn't cool when idling especially upon startup on hot day. Have to be moving then it cools good u ntil I stop. Also makes groaning sound when i first start truck and begin to move. Sound only occurs when AC is on. Service department has checked twice and added freon once but says everything checks out and is normal (Ha, they don't sit in hot truck waiting for it to cool). Any ideas on what could be causing problem. Thinking about selling due to noise and fear that compressor is going out. have 38000 miles on t ruck now.

Old 08-31-2007, 07:20 PM
Default RE: ac problem

Notcooling fast when you start it up at first is due to poor air across the condensor.....although this should not continue at a red light after driving.... the noise you hear does it go away if you shut the ac off? if so most likely the compressor is starting to fail. I dont see many ford compressorsfail though. Did you take it to your dealer or a independent shop?