Ford F-150 The entry level full size truck from Ford, one of America's best selling for decades.

Blinking engine light?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 11:15 AM
Default RE: Blinking engine light?

oh my blinking engine light giving some problem plz suggest me it making some sound
-
jockben
Used Cars

Old 09-25-2008, 08:44 AM

Well, if it were me, I would buy one COP and start at the #1 cyc. IF it doesn't fix your problem, go to #2 and so on.... I know it sounds like a lot of hassle butit worked for me. However, I did break a spark plug off into the head. Can you say "PANIC!" The plug came out but the threads from the plug stayed in. Ouch is right! Ford said there wasn't a fix and that they would replace the head. Couldn't afford that so Ifabricated a homemade easyout using two 3/8 extensions and a socket, welding them together with the proper size extractor. Then prayed as I was trying to break loose the threads. It worked and I was back up and running within a day, No Thanks to Ford. I need to patten this tool.

Old 10-03-2008, 08:42 PM

write it on the wall if the check engine light is blinking on your fomoco you have a misfire.

Old 07-21-2014, 02:55 PM
Default blinking engine light

Have a 2001 Taurus, enginr light was on constant, just replaced water pump yesterday alomg with all inner and outer tie rods on both sides. have noticed that im using transmission fluid having to add about a quart a month, but no puddles!! Went to leave out for work and got up to about 45mph and engine light started flashing, pulled into station and checked fluid an was empty and we just filled last night! Any indication this may be my tranny going or something else??

Old 11-15-2016, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by flippernuggen
Ok all,

Now I hav e a question, I have a 2002 F-150, I was driving from Fl to Tx and my Check engine light started blinking. I pulled over and started checking eerything. I coul not find anything and when I restarted and continued on trip the light was off. Prior to it started acting stupid. At around 65 or 70 it would start missing and according to the book that is waht a blinking light means, however I took it to a dealership and they could not find a code stored in memory. Every now and again over hte last two months it has done the same thing but if I get in it the missing stops. I have only had a blinking light once since the initial time and it blinked maybe 8 times then went out and stayed out.

I truly believe it is a coil pack but how do I check them if I can not get a code to tell me which is misfiring??

Truly lost

Rik
I have an 04 expedition with a 4.6 Triton and i got the same flashing cel I have a buddy that has a reader and it told me my cadilitic converters were clogged instead of buying be ones I just bought done dual flowmaster cutbacks haven't had a problem since and it sounds allot better😀😀😀

Last edited by Damien Lee Blankenship; 11-15-2016 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 02-01-2017, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by CornNut
Ok I found out what it is. Just for anyone else who goes through this. Turns out the #1 cylinder coil went out. $79 and I am good again. For anyone else who thinks this may have happened to you try this. If you feel the rough idle. Go to your local AAMCO or automotive parts store that has a code reader that you can rent for free or for real cheap. I went to Autozone and they charged me a deposit of $160 that I got back when I brought it back. It will tell you which cylinder is misfiring. Then you take THAT coil off and switch it with one of the others. Take you about five-10 minutes. It may run fine for a little while but don't think your problem is gone. Then when it comes back again recheck the reader again. If the reader says you are misfiring in a different cylinder then your coil is bad, buy another one. I heard that these coils sometimes go bad due to their lack of waterproofing and the location of some of the hoses in the engine compartmen leaking from condensation. They get a littleshorted out and corrode and give you a bad connection, thereby ruining the coil. Hope my trouble helps someone. [8D]
i have a deffernt coil go out every 2 years since all been replaced.